David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 191 - 200 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...178

Forum » Thread

A little thicker will grab better
In heavy weather you might want to back it up with a tauntline or releasable hitch.

In GEAR » 3mm Lineloc (MLD trailstar) trouble using 2.35mm line
February 21, 4:09pm

Give your feedback about the BSA policy
Here is the official email address. feedback@scouting.org

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 21, 4:07pm

Felony
The Canadian I met with a revolver was a photographer. Nun chucks are illegal to possess in California, a felony. Unless you mean this In CA possessing a concealed handgun without permit ...

In Chaff » What kind of Nunchucks.... Titanium or Carbon fiber?
February 20, 1:30pm

Re: Re "Solo Wilderness Security"
EagleRiverDee- Do you think pepper spray would work as deterrent for a wolf pack? We have twice as many wolves in our part of WA state as last year. More than in Denali National Park now it is ...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 12:12pm

Being prepared beats having to vomit on an attacker.
"An updated advisory on the website of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs offers female students new tactics to fend off rapists, including vomiting, urinating and telling an attac...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Re: What kind of Nunchucks.... Titanium or Carbon fiber?
I agree on the pepper spray. However it is possible for some to carry a handgun into some locations if one is willing to go through all the channels. Most prefer the battle rifle to the assault ...

February 20, 9:37am

screen printed logos
Dan A durable logo for tarps and tents would be cool. Let me know if you come up with something suitable. Maybe buy ink from you? Gold would show up on most colors, as would silver.

In Make Your Own Gear » Painting/Stenciling Silnylon
February 20, 4:35am

Re: What kind of Nunchucks.... Titanium or Carbon fiber?
I have met a backcountry photographer in BC carrying a large revolver for bear protection. Also know a cowboy action shooter from BC who has a short barreled AR 15 type rifle as well as his old we...

February 20, 4:29am

Re: Max calories, minimum space?
One overnight survival course I took allowed anything we could fit in a pepsi can. No fires. We chose to cram in several space blankets and poured sugar in to fill the empty spaces. Pile'd...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Max calories, minimum space?
February 18, 12:20pm

lard
Ultra marathon racers in the north just bring lard. Cut off a slice and let it melt in your mouth as you run/bike/paddle etc. Peanut butter for vegetarians.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Max calories, minimum space?
February 18, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm