BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 191 - 200 of 5903 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...591

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Where would you setup camp in this picture
"Not the safest spot though... decisions, decisions, decisions." If you've ever had a close call with lightning, the decision is real easy. ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 14, 5:10pm

Re: Re: hmm
"Oops I think Tom Ctrl-V'd the wrong quote although funny since I just left that thread!" I guess I could try a CYA maneuver and say I was trying to get Michael L to come over here...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 12, 5:56pm

Re: hmm
"Whadda I win??? ;)" A big hug for catching that quote and saving me further embarrassment. It was left over from another post I was commenting on over in CHAFF. Buffer problem with ...

May 12, 5:54pm

Re: Where would you setup camp in this picture
In the large grove of trees at the right, well below the ridgeline. Edit: To refine it, there is a small finger of trees at the right of the frame, leading up to the forest. At the upper tip o...

May 12, 5:28pm

Re: Adjunct faculty
"And yes, my mother has a PhD. I have a PhD and a clinical doctorate." When members of the educational 1% end up making half of the median wage in this country, right down there with h...

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
May 12, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Flaming
"Social democracies work because they are small. One of the arguments for more state control and less federal. Lets keep the smaller states in charge that can more efficiently manage. Even the...

May 11, 5:50pm

Re: For profit companies
"Shall I go on???" Please do, while I continue to ROTFL. "I'd still MUCH rather prefer a government that I ELECT and can vote out of office if I don't like them" ...

May 11, 5:31pm

Re: Flaming
"Those that don't or lose the formula are generally punished by the market. Unless of course they have government contracts." Or happen to be banks that are "too big to fail.&...

May 10, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Toilet Paper Free Expeditions
"It's called soap and water." That sure would take a lot of soap and water. ;0) Cheers

In GEAR » TOILET PAPER
May 10, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Toilet Paper Free Expeditions
"HAHAHA..... you said HIND sight!!!!!" And this year's winner of The Golden Roll Award is.......

In GEAR » TOILET PAPER
May 10, 6:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm