BPL Community Profile

Nathan Hays (oroambulant) - BPL Guest

My Locale San Francisco
About Me Nathan Hays has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan Hays

Showing 191 - 200 of 223 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

MyoGel Homemade Perpetuem
Well, I've put in some 70 miles with this recipe having changed to a Vanilla flavored whey powder. Still a little sweet, but it doesn't have the Splenda after-taste (some other sweetener)....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » MYOG(el) Homemade Perpetuem
April 30, 10:04pm

Rocks
Somehow there are always more interesting rocks in my pack hiking out than I started with. One year I saw my wife and daughter stuffing a HUGE green rock into my pack - at least 8 lbs. I pretende...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
April 30, 9:41pm

Re: Fast Hiking JMT
Here's a shot at <5 days. I tried not to end a hike with a big uphill. Would've been easier to do that NoB, but alas, no lottery winnings.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fast Hiking JMT: Sleep
April 29, 12:52pm

Re: JMT Fast Gel
Yup, I don't particularly care for the solids either. You can't eat them if you are panting or you'll get a nice lung burn from the dust going down. 6 tabs/hour, so I was just thinking...

April 25, 5:11pm

JMT Fast Gel
I've been putting 2000 calories (1 lb Perpetuem) into a 2L bottle. Since I've started on the MyoGel (thread in nutrition), I put 2000 cals in 42 oz - a 32 oz Gatorade in the pack and a 10 ...

April 25, 2:19pm

Re: Fast Hiking JMT: Sleep
Thanks for the encouragement Greg and Will. I keep looking for the "like" button :) At the top of Mt. Tam yesterday I was talking with a couple of type-A cyclists who were sweating bu...

April 22, 8:45pm

Re: MYOG(el) Homemade Perpetuem
Nice finds Eugene III! Will be ordering some of these flavors and protein.

April 22, 5:56pm

Re: Fast Hiking JMT: Sleep
Ouch! Second test hike: http://runkeeper.com/user/NathanHays/activity/83093140 2 hours sleep, 26.5 mi, +/- 4100 ft, 9:33 hours = 2.77 mph Includes all stops (two water, bunch of breath-catche...

April 22, 5:24pm

Re: MYOG(el) Homemade Perpetuem
Thanks for the flavor source. I'll try it out. Hiked 26 miles using MYOGel. Energy was fine up until mile 18 (other reasons on another thread). Once I started downhill at mile 22 it was f...

April 22, 3:54pm

RE: Trader Joe's Instant Coffee
I drink a lot of coffee at home but oddly, I come to dislike it after a few days out. I've tried the Via and the Joe's and don't like them at all. Even using the Jetboil press with Pee...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trader Joe's Instant Coffee
April 20, 11:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan Hays

Nathan Hays has posted no reviews.