BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 191 - 200 of 417 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...42

Forum » Thread

Vehicle Total Loss advice
Tony; all that and great trip reports too! I loved the report on Deadmans. David, (and Tony) You are certainly correct re: the title reflecting salvage and a total loss. I meant to add this in t...

In Chaff » Vehicle Total Loss advice
February 10, 1:54pm

Sierra snow pack
Greg's observations seem reasonable to me: "I have 25 years on data on the southern sierra and after careful observation I can tell you that there is zero correlation between snow level...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 11:24am

Zions National Park East Rim
And there's a reason it's little traveled...........BORING. A walk down an old forest ROAD in underwhelming @ 50 year old pines from the look of it; The age of the pines that is; with no vi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Zions National Park East Rim - Help
February 09, 7:48pm

Grand Gulch/ Cedar Mesa Utah
You're planning to drive to the trailhead right? At Kane? Where are you coming out? Bullitt or Polly's/Gov Trail? Its reasonably easy to walk to 261 from Bullitt and you should be able to c...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Gulch/ Cedar Mesa Utah advice needed
February 09, 7:27pm

Vehicle Total Loss advice
Ben Crocker's advice re salvage can be a very worthwhile option. I had a "friend" whose Tacoma was totaled a few years back and the other drivers co. ( All-State ) refused to pay the ...

In Chaff » Vehicle Total Loss advice
February 08, 8:16pm

Kooka Bay
This community is an invaluable resource. We help and support one another. Part of that help may be to offer warning when warranted. But it can also be to offer that helpful support and advice. I t...

In GEAR » Kooka Bay
February 07, 7:23pm

Western North Carolina
Hello Jeff, Maybe I can help you with a trip to beautiful western North Carolina. The NC mountains are a large and diverse region with several subregions divided by geography. Speaking subjectiv...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need info on western North Carolina
February 03, 9:19pm

kevlar bulletproof ursack yah
Exactly. I imagine Samuel Clemens could've written a story centered around an evenings entertainment observing a bear dancing around with an ursack that'd bring tears to your eyes. And a...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 26, 8:50pm

The maze
try this: http://kelseyguidebooks.com/C-Lands1.html. Takes a FULL day in the vehicle to get in to the trail head from say Hanksville and another to get out and it'll loosen your teeth and pucke...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the maze district canyonlands trip ideas
January 26, 8:01pm

Bearier" bear cannister
No worries Zack, That whole biz about the can rollin off the mountain was strictly tongue in cheek entertainment. kinda like disqualifying the can because you can't sit on it. I like dual or mu...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 26, 7:10pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm