BPL Community Profile

Nicholas Miller (nmiller08) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Nicholas Miller has not added a biography yet.
CityMissoula

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nicholas Miller

Showing 191 - 200 of 227 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

dull blades
I use a similar hot knife to the picture two posts up, purchased at a hardware store for ~$10. I have found that they do lose heat quickly, giving a very noticeable heat gradient from the base of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » hot knife buying advice?
March 25, 12:08pm

back issues
There seem to be more "WTB: BPL issue #x" threads lately (3-4 in the last while that I've noticed) plus probably others like myself who just haven't posted. Does BPL plan to re-s...

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Magazine Issues 1 & 3
March 06, 1:34pm

WOW
Thanks for the warning! Their website says "sold by the continuous linear yard," did they make an effort to correct the situation with you? Such as "oops, we accidentally sent you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » spinnaker from Prolitegear?
March 02, 11:13pm

Re: Re: not working on some items
Hey Dave, Just to make sure I was doing it right, I added some other things to my cart and it worked fine for them...but not for avy beacons. bummer.

In Gear Deals » 40% off at Backcountry...
March 02, 6:04pm

not working for some items?
I was wondering if anyone else was getting a "discount is not as good as current sale price" message? I was thinking about buying a new transceiver, which is currently 10% off, but the c...

In Gear Deals » 40% off at Backcountry...
March 02, 4:51pm

spinnaker from Prolitegear?
Has anyone purchased spinnaker from prolitegear.com? It's about $1 more per yard than thru-hiker's, but I have a gift certificate from prolite and would like to use it on some raw material...

In Make Your Own Gear » spinnaker from Prolitegear?
March 01, 9:18pm

Re: Re: Lightest?
If we're shooting for apples to apples, shouldn't the Stephenson's 2R be compared to the winter version of the Montana, which is listed as 3 lb. 15 oz. and $496? This puts the 2R at sa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Montana 2P Tent Review
February 25, 12:47pm

Re: Lightest?
Not only the weight difference, but the 2R has been described as well beyond "winter-lite" by many users

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Montana 2P Tent Review
February 25, 10:09am

good point
I drew it up as a cinch, but of course it wouldn't scrunch up at all, but create more of a fold than anything (unless you enclosed the shock cord in a sheath anyway, negating much benefit over ...

In Make Your Own Gear » waist cinch for montbell inner jacket
February 04, 12:10pm

Re: Alternative to a drawstring
Dale, I'm trying to visualize what you're describing, is it something like this?: That's an interesting idea, I thought about just using plain old elastic like for cuffs, sewn al...

In Make Your Own Gear » waist cinch for montbell inner jacket
February 04, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by Nicholas Miller

Nicholas Miller has posted no reviews.