BPL Community Profile

Josh Brock (needsAbath) - BPL Guest

My Locale Outside
About Me Everything outdoors. I also cook...two trick pony.
CitySacramento
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Josh Brock

Showing 191 - 200 of 291 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Light
Yeah mine was really light fom what I remember and really warm. The only issue I remember with it was that mine would stretch out and not go back unless washed. So it had a wierd fit. But I migh...

In GEAR » Polypro reconsidered also, but in different ways
April 11, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Fragile
Actually the Tyvek sewed nicely and I was refering to abrasion. There should not be any stress on the bivy as it is just draped loosely around me. And i picked up some items this morning that are...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek, cuben and tape
April 11, 4:07pm

Poly Pro
They sell a polypro that is fleece lined. These work great as mid layers. They are mainly sold cheap at like military surplus stores. I brought these up in another thread but did not realise it ...

In GEAR » Polypro reconsidered also, but in different ways
April 11, 3:29pm

ski layer
Paul- As long as you're comfortable in your gear thats all that counts.... Thanks for the discussion though. By the way my prefered ski gear is my alpha sv jacket(snowing), sv bibs, patty ba...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 11, 3:22pm

Exped
Funny I actually ordered the synmat this morning after returning a differnt piece of gear I decided I did not want to proceed with this year. But those were the two I was looking at also. I chose...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad: Exped SynMat UL 7 or BA Q-Core SL or...?
April 11, 3:06pm

Fleece reconsidered?
Im not sure it ever really drifted far enough away to call it reconsidered. Most of the big names still make fleece Prods and honestly I dont know that comparing fleece to a puffy is really that r...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 10, 5:03pm

Fragile
yes, I agree the tyvek material is really fragile. That why I was going to add the cuban to the top of it thinking it could make it more durable to prevent leaks. I plan on using either poly or m...

April 10, 12:56pm

???
hmm maybe I'll just have to use it and see how it goes?

April 10, 7:40am

Carries fine
Its solid there. I'm not worried how its going to carry, that's the only place I've ever carried a canister. Sure its not ideal to have that amount of weight on the top of my pack but...

In GEAR » Bearikades
April 09, 11:08pm

Tyvek, cuben and tape
I sewed a tyvek bivy. I want to use tyvek tape on all the seams, also I'm going to add a layer of .3 Cuban to the top of the bivy going from my hips down to make that part more water proof as ...

April 09, 10:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Josh Brock

Josh Brock has posted no reviews.