BPL Community Profile

Richard Nelridge (naturephoto1) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Eastern Pennsylvania
About Me Fine Art Photographer specializing in Nature, Landscape, and Wildlife. Most of the work is sold through Art Shows, but I am looking for Gallery representation. Graduate degrees in Geology and Zoology/Biology/Ecology.
CityBreinigsville
StatePennsylvania
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.nelridge.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nelridge

Showing 191 - 200 of 422 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...43

Forum » Thread

Dyneema and Spectra
As far as I know they are one and the same material. Dyneema is the name of the trade mark of the company that actually invented/makes the product. Spectra is the Allied Signal (or I now believe ...

In GEAR » Perfect pack
October 25, 11:02am

"Best" Lightweight Down Jacket?
Graeme, Add the Feathered Friends Hyperion to that list: http://tinyurl.com/7epog This Jacket is very similar to the Western Mountaineering Flight Jacket with a weight of about 11 oz (incl...

In GEAR » "Best" Lightweight Down Jacket?
October 25, 8:30am

Stephenson's Warmlite DAM
Kevin, I hope that your friend's experience was an exception. I have not had the chance to use mine much at this point. But, assuming it works well without a problem, it is not decadent. Thou...

In Winter Hiking » Sleeping Pad Warmth In The Winter
October 24, 8:09pm

Sleeping Pad Warmth = DAM
The Warmlite DAM is also considerably lighter than the Exped. Additionally, if Stephenson's is using the same down as their sleeping bags, the down is 850+ down while Exped uses 700+ down. Theref...

In Winter Hiking » Sleeping Pad Warmth In The Winter
October 24, 3:55pm

half bags
Feathered Friends offers their extended version of the half bag: the Vireo: http://tinyurl.com/3da8q Rich

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » half bags, pied de le elephant
October 16, 11:40pm

LF
Ron, Consider the 3.84 lb Gitzo G-1228LVL Mountaineer Reporter Mk2 tripod. This tripod has a leveling head. You may find that you would not need the addition of a tripod head. Also, it will b...

In Photography » Large Format and UL
October 16, 7:29am

Treking Pole Length advice
Ben, That is true about travel, but Gossamer Gear has the cardboard tube available so that you can ship them on an airplane. Of course, there is some concern about baggage handlers mishandling ...

In GEAR » Treking Pole Length advice
October 14, 3:06pm

Solo
Larry, I think that you are talking about Aaron Ralston, who wrote Between a Rock and a Hard Place about his experience in Canyonlands. Rich

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking Alone
October 14, 1:22pm

Vapor Barrier Clothing
Chris, I am still not sure what the "fuzzy stuff" that Stephenson's uses is made of. I would venture to guess that it is a synthetic. The "fuzzy stuff" is very thin and should not really add t...

In GEAR » Vapor barrier clothing for sleeping systems
October 14, 10:39am

LF UL
Hi Ron, I used to use the Linhof's for day hikes and short backpacking trips. I am trying to rethink packing. Looking at my gear and not having the kind of money that I used to, I believe th...

In Photography » Large Format and UL
October 14, 8:49am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nelridge

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

AntiGravityGear (AGG) Customer service
Having just purchased one of the new BPL FireLite 550 Ti Pots I was interested in the Caldera Cone Stove for the pot along with the Antigravity Gear Caldera Kitchen. Trail Designs maker of the Calder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 23, 11:11am

Feathered Friends Rock Wren II (P-BPHAL shell, no longer made)
I have a Feathered Friends Lark with P-BHAL shell. I have liked the bag very much. When I called Feathered Friends and discussed the bag with them years later(and possibly when I ordered my Feathe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 20, 12:49pm