BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 191 - 200 of 355 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...36

Forum » Thread

big agnes airview
How much do you think the clearview would weigh for shipping? Is it mummy or rectangular? Thanks

In Gear Swap » FS, Air mats from Survey, Australia
February 18, 2:03pm

Covering head in a down quilt.
I'm sure you already know this, but the water vapor in your breath will dampen the down and reduce it's effectiveness. You would be far better to use a down hat or hood and snug the quilt d...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165
February 18, 1:30pm

A Steal at These Prices!!!
I love my Rev X Quilt!!! I bought one before Christmas and couldn't be happier!! The workmanship and loft are amazing. The 6'6"wide half taper even fits my big self. Packs down to next...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165
February 18, 11:57am

Seams
ok thank you

In Gear Swap » FS Zpacks cuben tarp 7x9 $190 4.3 oz.
February 08, 11:34pm

Tarp question
Is this one sewn and bonded, or just sewn, or just bonded?

In Gear Swap » FS Zpacks cuben tarp 7x9 $190 4.3 oz.
February 08, 6:32pm

Went to Ebay
Went to Ebay Item # 130640474218

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Daze Long Wide Sleeping bag
February 01, 3:19am

Lighter Missing Link Tent
I have a bunch of Sil-Nylon that needs to be put to use and I always thought I could improve on the Missing link with an all Sil-Nylon version that had a true vestibule. To get in and out, you woul...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make a Missing Link type tent out of Silnylon?
January 28, 10:42pm

Make a Missing Link type tent out of Silnylon?
I have a Missing Link tent that I like, but it is both silicone coated and polyurethane coated. I have a bunch of excellent silnylon and I was wondering if anyone has made one similar to this or si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make a Missing Link type tent out of Silnylon?
January 28, 9:04pm

Lightheart Gear Cuben Solo
Just a note that if someone was hesitant because of the small hole, to call Judy at www.lightheartgear.com and ask her how much she would charge to repair it. She has very reasonable repair and mod...

In Gear Swap » FS Lightheart cuban solo
January 28, 5:31pm

Trekking Pole Supported Tents
I have several hiking pole supported tents, and it is no big thing to take the poles in and out to use them during the day. With my Lightheart Gear Solong 6 can take them out or put them back it in...

In GEAR » 1P UL's
January 24, 11:42pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am