Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Duke (mpd1690) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Duke hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Duke has not added a biography yet.
CityKnoxville
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67046387@N04/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Duke

Showing 191 - 200 of 462 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: waterproof...really...
I would think that it would collect a lot of moisture under a vapor barrier.

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear "HadronS" - a new waterproof version of their Hadron!!
February 16, 11:16am

Re: Bivy - Rain cape - Rain hat combo... your thoughts appreciated!
You could have a full bivy with a dry bag closure on the bottom. You could also have line-locs going from the top to the bottom to adjust the length when worn.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy - Rain cape - Rain hat combo... your thoughts appreciated!
February 13, 8:41pm

Re: Sans foam?
I definitely recommend not using binding. It just compresses the padding, making part of the strap effectively unusable.

In Make Your Own Gear » Making neat straps
February 13, 7:33am

FY20
I sent you a pm, but I might as well post here too to benefit everyone. Is shipping included? Thank you.

In Gear Deals » MYOG Materials For Sale
February 11, 2:27pm

Re: Prototyping
http://www.diygearsupply.com/cgi-bin/isle.cgi?type=all I'd suggest going here instead of Joann's. It is much cheaper and you can get fabric that you can use in later projects. I found th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Paper Bag Prototyping
February 09, 11:50am

Positive Experience
I've used a waterproof zipper on a pack hip belt pocket I made. It was VX07 with a waterproof zipper. I was in a heavy sustained downpour. I thought that I would undoubtedly have water in the p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof zippers, how well do they work?
February 07, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Uli Steck and Mountain Hardwear Gear
No its different from Dyneema X. DX40 is a dyneema polyester blend from Dimension Polyant. At least that is what I think it is just from looking at it. I have some DX 40 right in front of me right ...

In GEAR » Uli Steck and Mountain Hardwear Gear
February 05, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Uli Steck and Mountain Hardwear Gear
I think it is DX40 from Dimension Polyant.

In GEAR » Uli Steck and Mountain Hardwear Gear
February 05, 8:12pm

Re: New type of bivy think tank discussion
If I understand correctly, the frame sheet would need to have some type of tie-out. If it is just in a sleeve them the pack will tip with any wind. Your head would have to counter balance it. It is...

In Make Your Own Gear » New type of bivy think tank discussion
January 31, 9:17pm

Re: Update
I definitely agree there. I am in for any group buy. Edit: Good to know that it is 50 and not 100. I don't know why I was told 100

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for some VX07
January 31, 8:42am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Duke

Michael Duke has posted no reviews.