Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 191 - 200 of 418 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...42

Forum » Thread

weight?
@douglas - what is the weight of your VBL? is it from 0.51osy cuben? when you say "for a quilt" i assume you mean shorter than for a full bag? @tom - i had thought of that...but my und...

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier Liner
August 27, 2:15pm

Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
Thinking of moving over to lighter weight poles (my current pair is a 23oz 3 section Alum monster I must have foldability so looking at LEki micro stick or BD zpole type...BUT i would like them ...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 7:13am

bump for updates
any updates on this new product? didnt see it at zpacks or traillite Mike

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier Liner
August 27, 6:17am

Seam sealing eVent and the likes
trying to seam seal a bivi (its taped but some more protection at the foot cant hurt) and some gloves from MLD. the later are eVent and the RAB bivi is Pertex shield... when i used silicone based ...

In GEAR » Seam sealing eVent and the likes
August 27, 3:47am

Any updates
So july has passed and Aug soon to be done - should we expect an update on this? Mike

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
August 26, 2:18pm

Akto/Terranova or Trailstar+ookworks
assuming hanging off trees is not a MUST then it seems you have 2 well established ways to go: 1) 2 walled/hybrid small tents - Akto or Terranova Laser line (ultra/photon etc) are great options....

In GEAR » Utopia shelter
August 23, 6:21am

Huh?? what about the holes???
IIRC the klymit counts on your sleeping bag lofting into the holes - otherwise there is ZERO insulation there..... how would that workout with a quilt??

In GEAR » Katabatic/Klymit match up
August 16, 11:06am

yeah - what Franco said
Obviously water repellent fabrics are another issue. I was more in to the possible premise of UL down bags that are water resistant due to the nano coating on the down Mike

In GEAR » watre resistant down - any real experience???
August 05, 12:48am

no wash=stinky?
@lawson i have personally never processed geese (or any other animals for that matter0 so im not sure...but i can assume that the washing is needed to sterilize the down and it would otherwise b...

In GEAR » watre resistant down - any real experience???
August 03, 12:00pm

RE
@rusty re the footbox - what i tried to say politely was that imo its less thermally efficient just as you noted. RE the hoodless part - i guess to each his own @duane - hmmm.....from 40 ...

In GEAR » ZPacks Sleeping Bag - a Side Sleeper's Dream Bag!
August 02, 5:58am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am