BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 191 - 200 of 414 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...42

Forum » Thread

Any updates
So july has passed and Aug soon to be done - should we expect an update on this? Mike

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
August 26, 2:18pm

Akto/Terranova or Trailstar+ookworks
assuming hanging off trees is not a MUST then it seems you have 2 well established ways to go: 1) 2 walled/hybrid small tents - Akto or Terranova Laser line (ultra/photon etc) are great options....

In GEAR » Utopia shelter
August 23, 6:21am

Huh?? what about the holes???
IIRC the klymit counts on your sleeping bag lofting into the holes - otherwise there is ZERO insulation there..... how would that workout with a quilt??

In GEAR » Katabatic/Klymit match up
August 16, 11:06am

yeah - what Franco said
Obviously water repellent fabrics are another issue. I was more in to the possible premise of UL down bags that are water resistant due to the nano coating on the down Mike

In GEAR » watre resistant down - any real experience???
August 05, 12:48am

no wash=stinky?
@lawson i have personally never processed geese (or any other animals for that matter0 so im not sure...but i can assume that the washing is needed to sterilize the down and it would otherwise b...

August 03, 12:00pm

RE
@rusty re the footbox - what i tried to say politely was that imo its less thermally efficient just as you noted. RE the hoodless part - i guess to each his own @duane - hmmm.....from 40 ...

In GEAR » ZPacks Sleeping Bag - a Side Sleeper's Dream Bag!
August 02, 5:58am

watre resistant down - any real experience???
Anyone out there has any real world hands on experience with the new products? I saw all the videos and marketing blurb but anyone really tried to sleep in the rain with this? Mike

August 02, 5:44am

flat footbox and top zip
@rusty indeed the footbox is flat - its due to the simple design (similar to MYOG type) although users and Joe himself say that its fine and im sure they are right IMO its not as elegant as some o...

July 31, 3:19am

so its just a hoodless bag w a center zip??
@stephen so if i get what you are saying u use it as a hoodless bag with a center zip - essentially like that line of Stoic bags or Marmot plasma or Nauntak alpinist but you have cut off the hoo...

July 26, 7:04pm

the pod was sewn thru
lynn the pod was sewn thru so in theory colder due to sew I know of no one who does square baffles that are real H box baffles. the downside of square or KAro would be weight i assume???? Enl...

In GEAR » Horizontal vs vertical baffled sleeping bags
July 24, 1:46am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am