Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 191 - 200 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Beyond fleece
I have the older version of the steel pants. As posted on the other thead, I think they are great, really perfect, for spring, summer, and fall use. They are too thin for winter use in Vermont. ...

In GEAR » Has anyone tried Beyond Fleece's Steel Convertible Pants (Schoeller Dynamic)
September 13, 8:57pm

softshell pants
I think for the price of softshell pants, it is hard to beat having them custom made for you, with the features you want, in your actual size, by beyondfleece. Not much more than the MEC or REI mo...

In GEAR » Pants for Fall/Winter?
September 12, 10:06pm

Bike Touring
Although I have bike toured, I have no experience in an expedition like that. I have been to Lake Superior several times and it is wild and inspiring and beautiful. The lake can be scary at times...

In GEAR » Tour de Lake (Superior) -- Seeking Advice
September 12, 9:51pm

softshell pants
I think it is hard to beat softshell pants for most conditions, as long as you plan to always wear them and not carry them. Mine are made of dynamic, which is not warm enough for winter use in Ver...

In GEAR » Pants for Fall/Winter?
August 23, 9:01am

BPL review of BS
I think threads like this serve an important public information function. Big Sky is an online company, and most people will search for info online before they buy. And as I said in the other thr...

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 01, 9:31pm

NiMH Eneloop
I don't have any of these yet, but the eneloop NiMH batteries are rechargeable but can be stored for much longer periods without self discharging. They have less power initially, but make up f...

In GEAR » Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
April 24, 7:25am

Emerald Mountain
I much prefer keeping dogs out of the tent and in a vestibule if possible. If you camp by a lake or river for example, and your dog goes swimming, do you really want them sleeping on top of you. ...

In GEAR » 3 person tent
April 23, 9:38am

wb400
I have a beyondfleece jacket made of schoeller wb400 that I wear practically year round, including for most activities (skiing and snowshoeing) in the middle of winter in Vermont. It is stretchy, ...

In GEAR » cold weather clothing
April 07, 8:49am

oneshot
Thanks. That review wasn't up last week when I looked, but does give some more (discouraging) details. I think that is a deal breaker for me for the hilight/oneshot.

In GEAR » Black Diamond One Shot
March 27, 11:13am

hilight
Since I am also interested in the hilight, let me bump this back up. My question is how far down does the window on the door of the oneshot/hilight unzip? I can't find a picture that shows th...

In GEAR » Black Diamond One Shot
March 27, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.