BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Where the air is thin
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 191 - 200 of 669 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...67

Forum » Thread

Bivy
nm

In Gear Swap » New MLD Superlite Bivy
May 22, 2:40pm

WTB: MLD Trailstar
Looking to buy a silnylon Trailstar, preferably olive brown or yellow, for a trip in late June. I've been waiting since February for my first choice colour to become available as an order optio...

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Trailstar
May 22, 1:40pm

Bump with price drop
Price dropped to $SOLD shipped CONUS, or at cost elsewhere.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hilleberg Soulo
May 21, 7:42am

Re: Comfort
If you're finding air mattresses bouncy, you're almost certainly over-inflating them. I strongly prefer the Exped mats because the side baffles are slightly larger and they help keep me fr...

In GEAR » Exped Downmay UL7, Therma-rest NeoAir Xtherm or BA Q-Core SL?
May 20, 3:10pm

Temps
@Matt - I meant approximately +3C to + 4C. I tend to think in Fahrenheit after the best part of two decades living in the US, so conversions back to Celsius / Centigrade are a little rough and read...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C
May 20, 7:06am

'Cool' Synmat UL7
There are many ways to lose heat at night, and conduction to the ground is only one of them. You mention that your Synmat UL7 was fully inflated - that's good, as the insulation value is a fac...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C
May 19, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Renewal
Hmmm Dave, funny I could have sworn they said they'd firewall initiating threads on Gear Swap for annual / lifetime members only. Oh well, still doesn't detract from my comment about t...

In GEAR » COUPON FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL?
May 19, 10:25pm

Renewal
Tomorrow you'll still get to post, but you can't list on Gear Swap and you'll miss out on the member-only articles. Last summer I gladly renewed because I realised I'd learned -...

In GEAR » COUPON FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL?
May 19, 9:15pm

Glad you found something that better suited your needs
The Soulo would have been overkill for what you're doing, so you were wise not to give it more than cursory consideration. Once you've gone out in the Nemo a few times, let us know how ...

May 19, 5:59pm

Soulo weight
As Stephen says, it weighs in at ~5lb. Given your criteria of <3lb, JJ W, I wish you luck in finding a freestanding double wall four season tent. For a freestanding tent, but single wall, and ...

May 19, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am