BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 191 - 200 of 1652 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...166

Forum » Thread

tachyon
The tachyon jacket has mesh panels under the arms, its made for high output activity. The anorak doesnt.

In GEAR » Wind layer help!!
March 17, 5:05pm

no msg
no msg

In Gear Swap » FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
March 17, 4:18pm

extend
I find extending quilts not to work so well as extending a good (ie WM bag). Part of this is because my WM has a lot more insul around the feet than the rest of the bag, and quilts dont. For inst...

In GEAR » Extending a 30 Degree Bag to the mid to low 20s
March 17, 3:08pm

volume
" At this point, I'd be happy with a base of 15 with a Bearikade weekender or maybe an expedition. I'm freaking horrible at figuring out how much volume food takes up." Go to H...

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List - Need to lost 3-5lbs
March 16, 6:46pm

stakes
Well, if you have to hammer the stakes in you might do damage. Ive had no problems, I love them. I use 2 of them for my ridgeline only, I use the Ti ones as well and they are great too. When...

In GEAR » Anyone used Ruta Locura carbon stakes?
March 15, 10:27pm

cuben
a small piece of cuben tape makes a permanent repair in seconds. A few have complained of .74 cuben floors being easy to puncture, 1.0 is much tougher. If you want, you could ask Joe for a 1.4 ...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
March 15, 10:23pm

list
do you have a strategy to avoid bear cannister areas?

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List - Need to lost 3-5lbs
March 12, 8:05pm

compression
I think the compression might have value in long distance backpacking. Even ultra runners dont run a marathon EVERY day. Thru hikers may though (or the equivalent) for days or weeks straight. Ma...

In GEAR » sun/compression sleeves
March 11, 10:34pm

hmmmm
While there is mixed data on the compression as to effecting performance, I dont think it is contested that it helps limit swelling for people on feet all day, which can improve recovery theoretica...

March 11, 10:13pm

sun/compression sleeves
Wheres the love in the hiking community for arm and leg sun /compression sleeves? Distance runners and cyclers swear by the benefits of leg compression sleeves, reduces soreness, enhances recove...

March 11, 8:51pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm