BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 191 - 200 of 1519 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...152

Forum » Thread

??
"How, exactly, is a bear going to escape with a pack that's hung from a tree well over its head?" Are you thinking that hanging food is 100% effective? There is a reason the bea...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » What to do with pack at night?
December 22, 9:00am

cuben
"My .75 ground sheet died in one 10 day trip on the JMT. No thorns, just rock and pine needles." Cuben doesnt die, it just gets taped. Mine is 1.0-1.1 and usually has a layer of...

In GEAR » Sticker bushes!! Help!!
December 22, 8:42am

stickers
After using my 18" pad for a sit pad on one trip, I had to literally feel over every square inch of it for thorns and cactus needles embedded in it. I didnt actually sit on anything, but the...

In GEAR » Sticker bushes!! Help!!
December 22, 8:03am

awake?
As far as Im concerned, I dont "roll over" in my sleep, I would end up off the pad for sure. Changing to a side, back, or belly position over involves repositioning and getting back on t...

In GEAR » Winter quilt users- are you awake when u roll over?
December 21, 7:03pm

thanks
Great info and much appreciated. The jacket doesnt seem to be what many are looking for, at least not at $250.

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 21, 6:57pm

stay
There really isnt any such thing as load transfer "to the hips" on a pack with a belt. By default on a properly sized pack, that is where all the weight should ride. It is accomplished ...

In GEAR » GG Gorilla vs ULA Ohm 2.0
December 21, 4:32pm

stay
The Ohms stay rides outside the back so it doesnt touch you, and doesnt need to be shaped. If packed loosely, like a frameless pack should, the pack conforms to the back comfortably, and still ...

In GEAR » GG Gorilla vs ULA Ohm 2.0
December 21, 3:07pm

place
I totally agree it has its place, and that it offer some great benefits to some situations. Particularly multi-person. But I dont think it belongs in everyones pack. Nor do I think there is any ...

In GEAR » gnat vs. jetboil
December 21, 2:44pm

worth
"Using this reasoning, which we admit is a bit of a rationalization, the integrated stove comes out at least equal, or on top under certain conditions. If our reasoning is valid, this is the f...

December 21, 2:16pm

comparison
Im not doing any comparison. Please show me a graph of WEIGHT CARRIED vs. TOTAL BOILS that includes the jetboil and real UL cannister setups. I dont see any. But I suspect for the short trips m...

December 21, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm