Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 191 - 200 of 463 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...47

Forum » Thread

re:GG Mariposa/Gorilla owner's
Thanks for the input guys, @Andy, actually I'm using a smaller Deuter 45 now...just updated my gear list :) I have considered going with the Gorilla for that very reason, especially since I...

In GEAR » GG Mariposa/Gorilla owner's
September 02, 4:38pm

GG Hipster
I've go one I use for a ditch kit. No way to get a liter of water in it, maybe a half liter,I don't have a .5 l to try, but then no room for anything else. Probably not a viable solution.

In GEAR » Fanny/Waist pack
September 02, 2:02pm

GG Mariposa/Gorilla owner's
I just found out that I won my choice of a GG pack through our local backpacking club! :) I was first considering the Mariposa. It's got more volume than I need, but my down could just have mor...

In GEAR » GG Mariposa/Gorilla owner's
September 02, 11:24am

pack wt
For me, #6 makes 1-5 possible :) I think the whole purpose of lightening up is so that you can attain maximum enjoyment out of all those things. A heavy pack would make it impossible for some to e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How important is pack weight to your overall experience?
August 31, 4:39am

re; Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
The opening day for deer season(excluding muzzleloader 10/20 and bow hunting 9/15) in zone 11 (majority of the Ouachita's) is 11/10. Maybe try for the first week of Nov.? I'd certainly be o...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
August 29, 5:05am

re:Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
I'd definitely be interested. Agree Ouachita's would be great, ERL would be great or a section of the OT. but I'm open to other venues... also agree on later....mid Oct at earliest I wo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
August 28, 6:12pm

RE:"We Americans Waste / Throw Away Half Our Food -- Say it ain't so!"
Unfortunately I'm sure it's correct. We American's are obscene in what they think then need to own/buy and consequently waste...it's embarrassing; maybe someday that will change. ...

In Chaff » We Americans Waste / Throw Away Half Our Food -- Say it ain't so!
August 22, 6:13pm

re: PP supporting shelter
Dennis, I have a Solomid and was considering the PP, but wasn't sure about using them with the Mid, I did a lot of research (with the help of folks here) and the PP's are my pole of choice ...

In GEAR » ergo or straight handled trekking poles
August 08, 4:38pm

Way OT, internet service question
I live out in the country and as far as I've been able to ascertain my current IP is my only option for service....but, they will only provide me with a "package" which includes, Cabl...

In Chaff » Way OT, internet service question
August 08, 6:58am

re:"The Last of the Great Unknown' Screening"
Thanks for the heads up Anna, just watched it, amazing!

In On the Web » The Last of the Great Unknown' Screening
July 26, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.