BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 191 - 200 of 451 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...46

Forum » Thread

Thanks Mike,
Very helpful. I've been googling some and came up with a few others, but not good reviews or too small capacity. These however, both look like good possibilities and I appreciate that you hav...

In GEAR » Waist pack hydration
July 22, 5:35pm

re: Shangri-La
OP says Fly only :)

In Gear Swap » FS - Misc Gear
July 22, 6:56am

Waist pack hydration
When I day hike I carry a GG RicSak, but I'd prefer to carry water on my waist. I use Pacer Poles and know that most waist packs have the bottle slots in such a position that I'd likely bum...

In GEAR » Waist pack hydration
July 20, 12:34pm

RE: Wildfires
Kathy, Yes, and it's not the first time arson has reared it's head in the midst of lightning caused wildfires....not sure why, maybe they just "get the bug" seeing all the fires,...

In Chaff » Saddened by the Wildfires
June 29, 6:39am

Thanks Kathy, I'm in communication with them daily. Yes, Scott, I know what you mean. I've wanted to do some hiking in the Gila (NM) for the past two years, but fires have ruled that out, ...

June 28, 6:13am

Yes,it is heartbreaking. I have an older friend living in west Colo.Sprgs and she's been evacuated from her home, her daughter and son-in-law live up in Woodland Park and are on pre-evac just w...

June 28, 4:10am

RE: I Hike
I don't really do book reviews, and I was skeptical at first since the writer in much younger than I and it's not an inexpensive book. It's a quick read, read it in one afternoon/evenin...

In On the Web » iHike by Lawton "Disco" Grinter
June 25, 9:22am

re: Big women's shoes for a narrow-footed guy
Rafi, Have you tried the Crosslite II's? They aren't as minimal as the reg. Crosslites with which I could feel every rock under my feet. The II's aren't pretty though, lol. Mine a...

In GEAR » Big women's shoes for a narrow-footed guy.
June 20, 9:42am

re:A starting backpacker looking for advice
+1 what Greg says,especially the first paragraph. I began bpking a little less than 2 years ago, and looking at other's lists has been valuable to me. And of course watching pertinent threads h...

In GEAR » A starting backpacker looking for advice
June 09, 10:19am

thanks Eugene
He bought a new filter for this trip, but my concern was the fact it doesn't kill viruses. I realize it would be extremely rare to have a waterborne virus in that location. To my knowledge all ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question re: water filter
June 07, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.