BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 191 - 200 of 269 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Dimensions
9 ft tall I had another one, I tested over the winter and in high winds , it handled it well. The pole is 24" sections, ~1" diameter. We made some improvements from the test one in sha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Giant tipi
July 19, 11:27am

Dimensions
Size is closer to 17.5 ft by 15.5 ft. There are 20 tie outs around the bottom and guyout points at various locations one to three feet of the ground. In addition you can do a faux strcture from...

July 19, 9:15am

Giant tipi
Here are a few pics of a giant tipi that total weight with screen, sod skirt, CF pole and CF stakes is under 6 lbs Not shown is an eyebrow vent over the door, or the integrated scree...

July 19, 8:54am

Modus in a can
Modus Hoperandi in a can in my personal fave. In the winter just have the dogs pull a sled of beer :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
July 06, 10:33am

Nice insight
I have some experience here. So much seems to depend on location, for instance my 8 yr old loves exploring sandstone formations like canyonlands, while my 11 yr old is fine with doing a peak. They ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enjoying Backpacking with Kids: Part 1
July 06, 8:51am

Weather , summit fever
We have started getting afternoon storms, so that is something to be aware of. Summit fever, can sometimes, cause problems with judgement as well :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help needed. San Juans in early-mid July: Gear for snow and cold and bugs
July 05, 2:06pm

Silverton
I'm starting in Silverton , because I want to hit storm king , possibly the trinities and some other peaks while making my way to chicago basin. Starting at Cunningham gulch it's a pretty e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help needed. San Juans in early-mid July: Gear for snow and cold and bugs
July 05, 9:19am

Chicago Basin
I'm going the 10th to the 15 th but starting in Silverton and leaving Chicago Basin. San Juans had a lot of snow in the north and west. There will be snow in areas from what I saw at 13k l...

June 29, 9:36am

Hi Josh
The carbon ones look a lot like yours don't they ? Fact is though, they work. Look, in a WFR class I took the instructor said, all bleeding stops ..eventually, well all stakes break at some...

In GEAR » 7075-T6 Alum vs. Titanium Stakes
June 24, 3:06pm

Exclusive prices
MSR ground hogs are usually around 2.00 a piece.I wouldn't consider those exclusive. Most of the stakes, except ti nails etc are in the same ballpark. Not sure where stakes get exclusive price...

In GEAR » 7075-T6 Alum vs. Titanium Stakes
June 24, 11:50am

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.