Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 191 - 200 of 8778 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...878

Forum » Thread

Re: Wet Ribs
Are actually back in production after a short absence.

In GEAR » UL ideas that Died
January 20, 7:15pm

Re: UL ideas that Died
"Who would have guessed that jamming stinky old socks 4 inches under your nose wouldn't be an everlasting idea!" They never dried either. So wet and stinky socks under your nose. ...

In GEAR » UL ideas that Died
January 20, 7:14pm

Re: Re: $548.... ?
From the rules page, "Posting a significant price reduction on an unsold item is perfectly OK, as is posting that some items have been sold. However, 'bumping' postings so they are ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Ricoh GR 16.2 MP Digital Camera
January 20, 6:08pm

Re: UL Refrigerator
Bearvault or Bearikade with dry ice inside With your bag and clothes packed around it should get your ice cream to camp.

In Philosophy & Technique » UL Refrigerator
January 19, 7:26pm

Re: This thread is a great response to the "no knife crowd" here.
Not really, since Michael found the knife on the trail. Would have been fine without it. Checklists. Now there's a topic. Use the checklist, don't forget stuff. Man lived for thousands of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG on the trail
January 19, 7:25am

Re: WTB: Flat tarp
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=99053

In Gear Swap » WTB: Flat tarp
January 19, 6:59am

Re: Best redwoods trip? Taking my 13 year old on a father daughter jaunt
I was thinking of a continuous 50-60 mile loop in the redwood parks. Backcountry camping along the way. Sure you can piece things together and bounce around. That is not what it sounded like Ed was...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best redwoods trip? Taking my 13 year old on a father daughter jaunt
January 18, 4:19pm

Re: Redwoods
"The Sequoia Gigantea are the Sierra redwoods" The Sequioas are impressive enough without slapping them by calling them Redwoods.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best redwoods trip? Taking my 13 year old on a father daughter jaunt
January 18, 6:16am

Re: Coastal Redwoods
No redwoods on the Lost Coast hike. Northern section is beach, headlands. South section is Douglas Fir. Ed has the right idea to do it as a family vacation up here.

January 18, 6:12am

Re: PCT 2015. Suggestions Welcome.
Might be a good time to beat your nicotine addiction. That crap adds up in more than one way. I would ditch the sleep sheet pad cover. Man, those Geigerrig rigs are heavy. A cotton tent st...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2015. Suggestions Welcome.
January 18, 6:02am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am