Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 191 - 200 of 9231 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...924

Forum » Thread

Re: Picaridin
It's light, and non greasy on your skin. About as effective as Deet, but applications do not last as long. My experience only. Some of the earlier sprays sold were a little light on the Picardi...

In GEAR » Picaridin?
April 09, 10:32pm

GGG #8 Planning Survey
Very insightful so far. Some of the comments are priceless. Of course all ages are allowed. Has been that way since the second one. Thanks to those who have answered so far. Keep it coming.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG #8 Planning Survey
April 09, 10:14pm

Re: Long-term water cache test
The Arizona Ice Tea gallon jugs did just fine on their own for a couple of months underground. We use to car camp and cache water in Anza-Borrego for future trips. That way we only had to pack in t...

In GEAR » Rodent proof box for water cache ideas needed
April 09, 10:02pm

Re: Tyvek tarp
Why Tyvek? Cost? No MYOG sewing skills? Love Tyvek? Not a single thing available commercially will do? Have a 5x7 tarp I will gladly PIF to you if weight is of lower concern. Not that it is a brick...

In GEAR » Tyvek tarp
April 09, 9:57pm

Re: GoLite news
Be interesting to see if they continue with the later go heavy designs or ....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GoLite news
April 09, 9:05pm

Re: Is the cat going up or down the stairs ?
Escher stairs, so both.

In Chaff » Is the cat going up or down the stairs ?
April 09, 7:04pm

Re: new deadly disease threatens to end backpacking as we knew it
Chicken love ticks. Hike with chickens. Like Ian. Gonna make you cry So you can be a winner.

In Chaff » new deadly disease threatens to end backpacking as we knew it
April 09, 7:03pm

tear production
Stay hydrated then and you'll do fine, you big crybaby. Time for puppies and rainbows later. Stay focused. Thanks again to everyone. Even the ones who are non plussed with me, but have written.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG and my faux pas
April 09, 7:00pm

Re: Good freaking night
Your tears or those who you offend? Stay hydrated

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG and my faux pas
April 09, 6:48pm

BPL "Guides Gear Award" Jan 1 2014
Guide Gear Award What is 15 months between friends?

In Chaff » BPL "Guides Gear Award" Jan 1 2014
April 09, 7:42am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am