BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 191 - 200 of 7891 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...790

Forum » Thread

Re: Lighter 1 Bear Canister
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=79862

In GEAR » Lighter 1 Bear Canister
June 20, 6:08pm

Re: Ads
"Now ads don't seem so bad....." Depends on what is being sold. And what's included. I love AdBlock. You don't have the ad blocker set up to display ads on that page ...

In Chaff » Ads
June 20, 7:33am

Re: Your favorite taller mug pot large enough to hold a gas canister + stove?
Evernew 750ml Pasta Pot. Nice lid. I like handles. My Giga and a fuel canister leaves room left over. It's almost too big. But it isn't.

In GEAR » Your favorite taller mug pot large enough to hold a gas canister + stove?
June 20, 7:19am

Re: First Backpacking Gear List
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=31018

In Gear Lists » First Backpacking Gear List
June 19, 8:20pm

Re: Milk Powder Packaging and Shelf Life
"Been doing it for years. I'm not young. Never have gotten sick from it yet. Ever. Nor has the butter ever turned rancid. Ever." +1, except I'm younger than Doug. Though I wi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Milkman milk powder cases now available online
June 19, 7:37pm

Giving back
I've am a long time supporter of the PCTA. My problem with fundraisers is that you are never sure where all the money goes. I like to support an organization that has a track record.

In Philosophy & Technique » Giving back
June 19, 6:57am

Re: India song to encourage using the bathroom instead of the street

In Chaff » India song to encourage using the bathroom instead of the street
June 18, 10:56pm

Re: Peter Pan
Great. Now I have that visual. Miss you Doug. Add some lasers and some Floyd. Where's Jen?

In Chaff » Peter Pan
June 18, 10:44pm

Re: Peter Pan
After a pleasant, uneventful day at work i took the dog for a walk in the Redwoods. The Mrs. and I just finished a lovely Mexican take-out dinner. We still have sun shining at the end of what was a...

In Chaff » Peter Pan
June 18, 8:44pm

Re: Near ultimate hiking summer pants, modded Columbia AirGill nylon pants.
I would think the velcro would get a all sorts of things stuck to it when hiking along, seeds, etc. BPL so I have to ask how much did the mod add weight wise?

In Make Your Own Gear » Near ultimate hiking summer pants, modded Columbia AirGill nylon pants.
June 17, 9:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am