BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 191 - 200 of 671 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Internal Frame vs Frameless Pack
I found a frameless pack quite uncomfortable over 22 pounds total weight. But I have shoulder problems, so maybe that's part of it. The Circuit is a great pack, you might also look at the Si...

In GEAR » Internal Frame vs Frameless Pack
December 01, 1:01pm

Re: Two solo tents vs one two man tent
I sometimes backpack solo, but mostly I go with either my wife or my long-time hiking partner. My "rule" for sharing a tent is simple -- I'll share a tent with anyone I normally sleep...

In GEAR » Two solo tents vs one two man tent
December 01, 12:58pm

Re: Non-breathable sleeping bag/quilt hood/collar?
The Stephenson's Warmlite sleeping bag has a built-in vapor barrier, iirc. Their web site won't load for me at the moment, but here is an online review: http://www.weasel.com/gear_bag.html

In GEAR » Non-breathable sleeping bag/quilt hood/collar?
November 29, 5:28am

Re: recommend a headlamp with red beam
Not ultralight, but I like my Black Diamond Spot headlamp. It has three separate lights -- a very bright main beam, a lower power task light, and a red light for night. The two white lights can be ...

In GEAR » recommend a headlamp with red beam
November 27, 7:28am

Re: Re: Christine
" I'll definitely be getting in touch with the FTA to get a good guidebook and maps to find the best means of resupply as well as the necessary permissions for thru-hiking that I keep read...

In Gear Lists » Florida Trail in Dec/Jan- advice sought on both gear and logistics
November 26, 7:51pm

Re: u4/3
If you're still looking for the 14 next year, let me know. I'm hoping to add the 7-14 to my kit by then, and my 14 will be redundant.

In Photography » Lumix Micro 4/3 thoughts?
November 25, 10:24am

Re: Florida Trail in Dec/Jan- advice sought on both gear and logistics
My partner and I have done one section of the FT, in Ocala NF, so we're hardly experts (and I hope some of them chime in here.) The Florida Trail Association was very helpful when I called them...

In Gear Lists » Florida Trail in Dec/Jan- advice sought on both gear and logistics
November 25, 10:22am

Re: Down Jackets, sooo many options...
I sold my Patagonia and Montbell insulation layers and bought a Western Mountaineering Hooded Flash jacket. It's expensive, but I love it. Well designed, with a great hood, handwarmer pockets, ...

In GEAR » Down Jackets, sooo many options...
November 24, 7:01am

Re: Lumix Micro 4/3 thoughts?
I have the 14/2.5 prime. It's a great little lens, but it's not really necessary if one already has the 14-42 zoom. I got it because I had only the 20mm. I've since added the 45mm Olymp...

In Photography » Lumix Micro 4/3 thoughts?
November 22, 12:10pm

Photos
Took the custom Circuit on the trail this past weekend. Handled all my winter gear, carried well, and it looks great. The drawstring top is much easier for me to use than the roll-top of the st...

In GEAR » Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
November 22, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm