BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 191 - 200 of 644 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: Don't want to hijack this post, but...
The 77 inch length will be no problem whatsoever. I think the width will be fine, but I haven't tried two 25 inch pads in ours.

In GEAR » 2p shelter with a fancy lady
October 03, 7:56pm

Re: Derailed!
I would buy a G3 with the kit zoom lens and a 20/1.7. Might be a little more than $1000. The G3 is not a large camera -- it's almost exactly the same size as my GF1, and it has an excellent ...

In Photography » A question for the Photographers
October 03, 7:55pm

Re: Narrowed down
I own a lot of compact cameras, along with two m4/3 systems and several larger DSLR systems. The m4/3 is my go-to travel and hiking camera. If I had to choose only one current camera for the rest o...

In Photography » A question for the Photographers
October 02, 8:01am

Re: AT Winter Thru-Hike gear suggestions.
I do a fair amount of winter hiking in the Southern Appalachians, and love it. February 1st isn't all that early a start anymore for a thru-hike. There are hikers starting in January. The trail...

In Gear Lists » AT Winter Thru-Hike gear suggestions.
October 01, 7:58pm

Re: 2p shelter with a fancy lady
+1 for the Lunar Duo. We've tried several 2p shelters, and this one is the best overall. The interior volume is epic. It sets up reasonably quickly using trekking poles and six stakes. My wife ...

In GEAR » 2p shelter with a fancy lady
October 01, 7:14pm

Re: New Zebralights
"The S series is also pretty wild....2400 lumens? Is that legal?" You can land an airplane with two of these... For whatever the runtime might be. I expect it's pretty short on Tur...

In GEAR » New Zebralights
September 20, 5:25am

Re: Leakproof sunscreen container?
I carry my sunscreen in a 35mm plastic film canister. The clear Fuji canister has the better lid, imho. It doesn't leak, is easy to use, and they used to be ubiquitous. Now I am hoarding my rem...

In GEAR » Leekproof sunscreen container?
September 16, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Tarptent Moment versus Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus
Just seam seal them, carefully and completely. Then do it again. Some of the more complex seams require careful attention.

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment versus Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus
September 08, 10:22am

Re: Winter gear for southern Appalachia
I do a fair amount of winter hiking in NC and SW Virginia. Love it. Beautiful time to be out. Let me preface this by saying the obvious: winter hiking can kill you. The margin for error is a lot...

In GEAR » Winter gear for southern Appalachia
September 07, 8:15pm

Re: Re: Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted
Well, the good news is that he won't need any of the really specialized winter gear for the first few months. Fall and early winter in the Southern mountains are beautiful times to hike. Starti...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted.
September 07, 7:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm