BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 191 - 200 of 746 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: M50 TopBag Finished
Clint, Yes it is important to pin the baffles. I am working on some expanded instructions that include pictures. I have added the baffle pinning to the instructions. I have not noticed any down...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 TopBag Finished
January 27, 3:40pm

Agree 100% with Javan. Backwoodsdaydreamer is a good source of inexpensive fabric. For a first project you will get a great bag for next to nothing. JRB uses 1.1 uncoated ripstop for their quilts a...

January 25, 6:20pm

For Michael and Nathan here are the basic steps I follow. For a starter quilt this is a great project that should yield good results. If you have already done a baffled quilt this one will be a bre...

January 25, 5:52pm

Tim, You have it correct. Here are some pictures. First one shows the seam from the under side of the quilt. I was guessing at the seam distances but it looks like I was close. After measuri...

January 25, 5:07pm

Let me answer Tim's question first then I will come back and add other details (wife will have dinner done soon). How do I hem? The diagrams are close, but none are exactly what I do. ...

January 25, 3:47pm

Here are a few pics. Loops for optional cords. Quilt neck, tie cords or just tuck under your shoulders. A colder weather quilt will want a buckle or snap If I wanted to use cords on un...

January 21, 8:00pm

Matthew, I wouldn't recommend starting with M50. Not because it was hard to work with. It was alittle slippery, but I actually thought it fed pretty good. I had no issues or mistakes from feedi...

January 21, 7:12pm

re: $59.00 an ounce?
I haven't had a chance to read all the post, so hopefully I don't repeat. On the subject of my quilt. I estimated that a using M90 would increase the weight of my quilt by 1.99 oz. So th...

In Make Your Own Gear » $59.00 an ounce?
January 20, 5:56pm

Jared, I use the same process for about any design decision. After identifying a critical requirement like length I do the following... 1. Research BPL forum/members and BPL articles 2. I study...

January 18, 4:33pm

10.8 carrot
Thom, I don't know, I am having trouble seeing the carrot:-) Jamie

January 17, 5:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.