BPL Community Profile

Jim MacDiarmid (jrmacd) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jim MacDiarmid hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jim MacDiarmid has not added a biography yet.
CityNYC
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 191 - 200 of 1079 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...108

Forum » Thread

Re: 40-Liter Waterproof Travel Bags for $3.55
Interesting. How durable do they seem, meaning abrasion and puncture resistant? I'm going to be flying with my pack for the first time in a couple months, and I have to check it as I have t...

In Gear Deals » 40-Liter Waterproof Travel Bags for $3.55
August 03, 8:41am

Re: "how many calories per pound per day do you eat?"
+1 on the thanks for starting this thread. I don't worry too much about meal planning for overnighters, but for 2 days or more, I try to pack 3200 calories per day, and to get about 120 calori...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 02, 7:31pm

Re: Wanting new backpack OHM vs Gorilla
I bought my Gorilla 2 years ago after ordering the the Gorilla and the Ohm and trying them out at loaded up at home for a few nights. My biggest complaint about the Ohm was the hip belt, and if th...

In GEAR » Wanting new backpack OHM vs Gorilla
August 02, 10:55am

Hydration Advice.
I apologize in advance as I'm sure this is available somewhere, but I can't find it conveniently. What is a good resource for estimating how many ounces of water per hour you should dr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration Advice.
August 01, 6:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahoe Rim Trail early October
Thanks for the map advice. I've got the National Geographic Tahoe Basin Map, but it's huge and weighs about 3oz. Also, more importantly, I've added up the trail segment distances and ...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe Rim Trail early October
July 30, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Tahoe Trim Trail thru-hike advice
Tony, I found your photo essay on BPL, and I'm working my way through it. Just started day 7. Two places where it's definitely helped so far is confirming Susie Lake as a place I want t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tahoe Trim Trail thru-hike advice
July 30, 1:18pm

Where in South Lake Tahoe to buy MSR canisters?
Can anyone help me out? I'm sure at the Raley's I could find denatured alcohol, but I'm leaning toward bringing my Windpro, as if there's a night(s) where it's 20 degrees and s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tahoe Trim Trail thru-hike advice
July 30, 6:43am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahoe Rim Trail early October
So it looks like I should probably bring my 2L platy plus the 1L for those dry stretches. I have no chance to cache anything, as it's fly in, hit the trail, and fly out. I should get my Wilde...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe Rim Trail early October
July 29, 7:39pm

Re: Wind Shirt and Rain Jacket?
Depends on the temperature and weather forecast whether on not I bring both. Here in the Northeast, in the summer, if the forecast is less than 50% chance of rain, I'll just bring the wind jac...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt and Rain Jacket?
July 29, 7:29pm

Re: Re: Tahoe Trim Trail thru-hike advice
Tony, thanks. Found Jeremy's trip report as well as another from 2008. Both those help alot. (If you have the link to your photo report, that'd be great as well.) It's nice to se...

July 29, 8:06am

All Reader Reviews by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
I ordered a Gorilla backpack from Gossamer Gear. It's my first venture into UL packs. I ordered a medium, and after trying it on for a few days and not finding it completely comfortable, I worri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 15, 5:39pm