BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale PNW
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
StateOregon
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 191 - 200 of 581 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: length
I do not know exactly. I have a friend who is 5'10'' and he found it comfortable. I imagine around 6' or so?

In Gear Swap » FS: Complete Hammock Setup
April 22, 8:43am

Re: Complete Hammock Setup
No, I don't have the ridgeline for the hammock. I never used one. I bought the hammock stand from www.hammocks.com - there's typically a much larger hammock on it :)

April 22, 8:15am

Re: Exped Lightning 45 and 60
That's a 1.5L Evernew in the side pocket. It barely fit.

In GEAR » Anybody tried the Exped Lightning 45 and 60
April 22, 8:10am

FS: Complete Hammock Setup
EDIT: sold! I have a complete hammock setup I'd like to sell. It consists of everything you need to hang: 1. Warbonnet Traveler Hammock: single layer, 1.1 oz fabric. I didn't like the...

April 21, 4:53pm

Re: Anybody tried the Exped Lightning 45 and 60
Not here - I ended up returning mine. The hipbelt proved to be too big for my waist.

In GEAR » Anybody tried the Exped Lightning 45 and 60
April 20, 9:17pm

Re: longsleeve t-shirt that offers sun protection in hot weather
I really like my Patagonia Sun Hoody. At temperatures > 90 F, every shirt will feel hot if you're moving with a pack on. I'd consider using an umbrella in your conditions.

In GEAR » longsleeve t-shirt that offers sun protection in hot weather
April 20, 9:52am

Re: 1.5 person, 3 season tent recommendation - TT rainbow
The TT Rainbow is a nice tent. It fits me and my 60lb dog fine. It has LOTS of headroom and is very easy to sit up in and move around. I just started using a SMD Lunar Solo. It has good floorsp...

In GEAR » 1.5 person, 3 season tent recommendation - TT rainbow?
April 18, 7:36pm

Re: Rain mitts
I ended up buying both a pair of the MEC Cloudraker mitts and the mitts from Luke's Ultralite. So far, a shower test shows the MEC mitts to be completely waterproof (hands stayed dry). But my h...

In GEAR » Zpacks or MLD Rain Mitts
April 17, 9:05pm

Re: emissivity
I'm with the emissivity people. I've found that limiting my tent's exposure to the night sky (so limiting the effect of radiative heat loss/emissivity) can significantly reduce condensa...

In GEAR » Cuben = Low Condensation?
April 13, 6:43am

Re: Lightning Strikes on the CT
Here's a good resource on lightning safety (note: link opens a PDF): http://www.pcta.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BackcountryLightningSafety.pdf The only thing I disagree with in that PDF ...

In Gear Lists » My CT 2013 list and possible PCT 2014
April 09, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.