BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 191 - 200 of 447 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: New Integral Designs Shelters
Those tunnel offerings look nice also....floorless.... The 2person is 3lbs (similair size as a hilleberg nallo) and $300

In GEAR » New Integral Designs Shelters
February 27, 7:11pm

Olicamp XTS HX pot
The olicamp xts pot came in the mail today. There isn't much info out on it but Sectionhiker has a picture of it here from the outdoor retailer show. http://sectionhiker.com/outdoor-retailer-...

In GEAR » Olicamp XTS HX pot
February 23, 9:46pm

Also,
I have yet to find any pot as light as my Aluminum "stanco greasepot" for 1.25L (2.3 oz w/put lid). As far as "HE pots" go I have an Olicamp XTS pot in the mail (Curt Peterso...

In GEAR » lightest HE pot
February 21, 3:14pm

Ti vs Al
Titanuim is ~2X as strong as Aluminum (yield & ultimate strength) Titanuim cunductions heat ~1/8th as well as Aluminum A Ti pot w/ 1/2 the thickness of a Al pot will be: About as strong an...

In GEAR » lightest HE pot
February 21, 3:10pm

JB fuel economy
The BPL article on intergrated stoves found that a JB could increase the temp of 2cups of water ~125F using 4gr of fuel -- comes out to 28L / 230gr canister but that really is a best case as the te...

In GEAR » How many liters will a jetboil sol ti boil on one canister? (230g)
February 19, 7:32pm

Aluminum stanco greasepot
http://www.amazon.com/Stanco-Non-Stick-Grease-Strainer-Black/dp/B000MVTIOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329243455&sr=8-1 Is: 1.25L, 2.4oz(pot) 1.3(lit) and ~$10. You need pot grippers (woo...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Ti 1100 pot - tibetan, BPL, etc
February 14, 11:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A note on HX pot efficiency
Ok I looked at the back of my envelope and yeah somehow I got off by 10^3 - FAIL. My BS filter should have caught 700C result, that is a mega heat rate (literaly). I'll hang my head in shame f...

In GEAR » Jetboil Zip Hacks ... Part 2
February 09, 10:05am

Re: Re: A note on HX pot efficiency
If the external surface temperature of the pot only increases "very slightly" than how could the change to heat rate thru the pot change with any significance? My back of the envelope ty...

February 08, 3:09pm

Re: A note on HX pot efficiency
I had been assuming Curt was bringing room temperature water to a boil. That matches up with what I would expect. Regarding JB style HX and its effect on efficiency...I hadn't really bought...

February 08, 8:52am

Re: Re: Complete Walker method
I ran 3 single lengths of 17gauge Al wire from my stove flame to a small cup of room temperature water (20grams total). Over about 10 minutes the temperature of the water increased ~7.5F or 4.2C...

In Make Your Own Gear » Upright canister in cold weather
February 07, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm