BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 191 - 200 of 459 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...46

Forum » Thread

XTS pot weight
I have one this pot. With lid mine weighs 7.8oz ...minus handles: 6.8, minus handles & lid: 5.7 -- the box says 3.9oz

In Gear Deals » Olicamp Ultra Titanium Stoves w/XTS Pot
April 12, 11:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Back to basics
These are ballpark as I'm away from home... Apprx Volumes/wieghts(no lid) are: POT 1: .5L / 3oz POT 2: 1.25L / 3.5oz POT 3: 1.0L / 2.3oz POT 4: 1.25L / 4oz

In GEAR » monatauk gnat vs snowpeak litemax
March 12, 11:34am

Re: SL3 condensation
Re: Condensation... I am not sure how cold it was if the conditions are right it is just gonna happen regardless of ventilation. I have slept under an A-frame hex tarp in a hammock at ~10F and ...

In Winter Hiking » SL3 condensation
March 08, 7:13am

Re: Re: Back to basics
"I've noticed in particular that it just doesn't pay to carry a smaller, narrower pot even though such a pot is lighter and more compact" FWIW: The lighest pot in the bunch is ...

March 07, 2:42pm

Re: POT 4: Yeah, I know...it is the reason I ran a third set of burns..... I'll give it another go tonight just for good measure. Edited to add....... Good catch Stuart. I re-ran ...

March 06, 2:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Back to basics
I calc it by considering the heat capacity of water and the energy density of fuel. 1. Heat capacity of water: A material's "specific heat capacity" (or C) tells you how much hea...

March 06, 11:39am

Jerry, I did wipe the cansiters before each weighing (per your recommendation elsewhere)...but really didn't notice any condensation (I guess it was warm and dry enough in my house). Sorry I...

March 06, 10:53am

Back to basics
I ran some tests with the 4 pots I own: 455g of water was raised by 125F (~55-180F) Stove output adjusted to maintain temperature increase at ~20F/min (so ~6:00 run time) Lid used for each pot, ...

March 06, 8:47am

Re: lightest pot that a bushbuddy ultra can fit inside of
http://end2endtrailsupply.com/Imusa_Mugs.html The larger mug weighs 3.4oz w/ no lid. You could probably trade the handle for a MYOG lid w/ no real change in weight. Oh and it is $10shipped

In GEAR » lightest pot that a bushbuddy ultra can fit inside of
March 06, 6:51am

Re: Re: Re: Darn!
Jim, Thanks for the basics:)...I mostly agree with them, they are more about technique than hardware though. Re. Pot selection: I recomend you find a few pots of varying widths and run some test...

March 04, 8:27pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm