Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Pitts (jjpitts) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest US
About Me James Pitts has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Pitts

Showing 191 - 200 of 308 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
Really? Well I used to be one myself ... You used to be a rather sweeping generalization? one day I woke up like somebody whacked me upside the head Perhaps something did.

In GEAR » To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
January 11, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
I think that is a really good point, PJ. I think a lot of people that "sleep cold" are actually wearing too much clothing to bed and in reality are sleeping too hot.

In GEAR » Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
January 11, 5:07am

Re: Re: Lightweight gloves
I have been using those Coolibar sun protection gloves for a while now as a "base layer" for my hands. Then I layer gloves over them. Coolibar = Base Layer Possum Down Gloves = Insu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight gloves
January 11, 5:05am

Re: Re: Glasses or Contacts?
My eyes were the same way, shaped such that I could not wear contacts. It was a real bummer in college as all my friends ditched their glasses and I had to keep mine. Then again I took that as a ...

In GEAR » Glasses or Contacts?
January 11, 5:01am

Re: Re: To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
...a lot of runners who are obsessed with their training have mental problems. I find this to be a rather sweeping generalization. Most runners I know are just passionate about training and sim...

In GEAR » To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
January 11, 4:56am

Re: Pictures
Great pics! Now I want a video posted of you gettin' into the thing in the rain... ;) LOL!

In GEAR » Large Titanium Goat Bivy
January 10, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Steam Baking
I am sure altitude will play a role in cooking time as well using this method. I don't know a darn thing about baking but I do know there are special instructions on the side of a cake mix box...

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
January 10, 9:42pm

Re: Glasses
The long term effect has been that I don't wear glasses anymore. :)

In GEAR » Glasses or Contacts?
January 10, 9:39pm

Re: Re: Very tough pants
For the record my favorite hiking pants are Gramicci rock climbing pants. They are the pinnacle of inconvenience. I love them. No fly, no button/snap (pull on), gusseted crotch, tight fit, super...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bushwhacking Gear: Heavyweight Fabrics and Compatible Construction Techniques to Improve Clothing Longevity for Off-trail Bushwhacking
January 10, 9:30pm

Re: Very tough pants
Thanks for the lead, Eric. I needed some new nylon pants. I ordered a pair of the 5.11 pants and a shirt. The shipping was free unlike at RailRiders... they wanted $12 S&H for UPS Ground. I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bushwhacking Gear: Heavyweight Fabrics and Compatible Construction Techniques to Improve Clothing Longevity for Off-trail Bushwhacking
January 10, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by James Pitts

Showing 1 - 10 of 23 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Pro-Tick Remedy Pro-Tick
I am so glad someone posted a review of this gizmo. First let me say that you can remove a tick with a pair of tweezers. The Pro-Tick Remedy tool is not multi-use like tweezers. That said, it w...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 26, 11:18am

Repel Lemon Euculyptus Insect Spray
I am a huge fan of 3M Ultrathon largely because the stuff works REALLY WELL... for what I use it for. So this is sort of my "gold standard"... encapsulated DEET lotion. That said, differ...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 26, 10:24am

Mountainsmith Wisp
I forget when I bought this. It was on an uber-closeout type deal. This sleeping bag is not made anymore. The facts: - 750+ fill down - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: Says 24 oz, 23 oz in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:27pm

Marmot Atom
Let's get down to the facts: - Temp rating: 40 degrees - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: 20 oz on the box, 22 oz in my kitchen. - Shell: Pertex Quantum N-090 Ripstop - Lining: Pertex ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:14pm

Martin Backpacker Guitar
Now here is a review you don't see every day. This was a very thoughtful gift from my dear wife. I am an avid guitar player but leave my music at home when I hike because a flat-top 6-string ...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 08, 8:54pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
What's with people that review gear they have never owned nor tested in the field? This is a mystery to me. Anyway, on to the Jetboil. I bought this because... I had an REI dividend and the...

In Stoves - Canister
January 08, 7:58pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
This was my default insulating layer until I bought the MontBell Down Inner Jacket. This jacket is very warm, as is the vest. I prefer the older models (05 and later) to the newer ones. I recall ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 08, 7:49pm

WalMart
What is there to review? Be careful driving in the parking lot because people seem to switch off their brains when they walk about outside the store. Seriously, they take anything back and there a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:46pm

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
...and they really mean it. I have seen people hopelessly abuse the return policy but REI stands by it. The prices are fair, especially if you use an REI Gold Visa. The dividend makes for a nice gi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:43pm

Therm-A-Rest Lite Seat
Works great and is light but very comfortable. It takes quite a beating and will eventually get a hole in it. I have had to make two repairs to mine. I use it to extend my sleeping pad setup when I...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 08, 11:52am