Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CityLawrence
StateKS
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.hobohiker.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 191 - 200 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Appreciate the recs
Thanks guys, I've looked at the Gossamer Gear $80 special w/ interest even w/o the load lifters. Unfortunately, I'm w/ you on the lack of Dyneema. It's a deal breaker for me. I've g...

In Gear Swap » WTB: SMD Comet Short Straps, Sm. Hipbelt
July 22, 7:46am

Thanks
She's 5'2". Torso between 16 and 17". My understanding is that the straps are adjustable 15 to 22"....? Even the packs that state small sizes less than 17" are too big f...

July 21, 3:38pm

yup
Unfortunately, the Comet isn't coming back, at least that I know of....GG doesn't use load lifters, and ULA doesn't make the Ohm "petite" enough. It's tough finding a sma...

July 21, 8:30am

WTB: SMD Comet Short Straps, Sm. Hipbelt
Ron sold out of Comets over the weekend. Looking for a lighter pack for my wife. Thanks.

July 21, 7:56am

good call on the Thermarest XS prolite
One needs to recognize the degree of taper on that BMW Torsolite. 17" at the head down to 12" at the waist. For us big kids(6'5"), that's not worth carrying for 1" of fo...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Gear List
July 20, 12:07pm

I dont think it's the batteries.
I don't think the Steripen is the problem w/ rechargeables. It's the temperatures they are exposed to. Our Lithium rechargeables on our camera got eaten up by the cold(17deg. lows) Same thi...

In GEAR » container for Steripen Adventurer
June 29, 7:51am

Is 1 1/8" enough for side sleeping?
I'd be curious to hear from any readers that: 1. side sleep 2. use foam and 1" inflatable pad. My general question is whether foam+inflatable at 1 1/8" would be closer in comfort to 1...

In GEAR » Thermarest Trail?
June 24, 8:17am

1" augmented w/ foam
Jim, I think the addition of foam to the 1" inflatable is a nice idea. The only reason I haven't tried that route is that the inflatable + foam = closer weight to the 1.5" inflatable ...

June 23, 10:07am

Thanks
Appreciate the feedback folks. I have a Prolite Plus Short on the way, as well as a Trail Short. I'll post up some feedback on the two. I think that side sleepers can get into sub-categories w...

June 22, 9:43am

Thermarest Trail?
Having scoured the web and looked at many different combinations of sleeping pads, I'm still undecided on sleeping pad. I found the Thermarest Trail Short (48x20x1") weighs 15 oz. While...

June 18, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.