J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 191 - 200 of 599 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
Hey Tapon, great article. You are always pushing the envelope. I remember that rock canopy shot from your Yo-yo hike. That's a great example of doing more with less and is where the philosophy ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 12, 11:07am

Re: Dirty Girl Gaiters?
Highly recommended. Breathe well in hot weather, quality lyrca fabric, trail tested by ultra marathon runners, not only backpackers. After 5 years, I'm only on my second pair.

In GEAR » Dirty Girl Gaiters?
February 09, 4:10pm

Re: Regular Handle Titanium Spoon (like FireLight SUL)
Thank you @Newton for the detailed post. You're right, the ultralightdesigns one is the closest. I'll check with them. Don't need a fork or knife. @kthompson and @Ice-axe, you are co...

In GEAR » Regular Handle Titanium Spoon (like FireLight SUL)
February 07, 8:33pm

Regular Handle Titanium Spoon (like FireLight SUL)
So besides, the UK site (ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk) which sells the Tibetan Ti stuff, does any US store, distrib or manufac sell a plain and simple * regular * handle (not long) ti spoon (not spo...

In GEAR » Regular Handle Titanium Spoon (like FireLight SUL)
February 07, 3:59pm

Re: What are your favorite pieces of SUL Gear? (Links Wanted)
Michael, ah yes the MLD poncho. Haven't heard of anyone using a $155 piece of gear for a ground sheet though :-) You're not worried about it getting punctured since you also use it as rain ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What are your favorite pieces of SUL Gear? (Links Wanted)
January 30, 11:08am

Re: Black Rock Gear
Dan, thanks for the suggestion of the Black Rock Gear vest. That thing is sweet! We will definitely add them to our guide.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What are your favorite pieces of SUL Gear? (Links Wanted)
January 30, 11:04am

What are your favorite pieces of SUL Gear? (Links Wanted)
Hi forum, Hope everyone's shoulder season was great and winter is treating you right. Over at my newly minted blog (LiteTrail.com), I'm putting together an "SUL Gear and Clothing...

January 19, 11:30pm

Re: Reader Tips: Best Way to Pitch a Tarp with Fewest Stakes or Guylines
Very cool ideas, that's what I love about SUL backpacking - so much creativity and cooperation with nature to succeed! The talented BPL crew has really added value with this thread. Thanks all...

In Editor's Roundtable » Reader Tips: Best Way to Pitch a Tarp with Fewest Stakes or Guylines
November 21, 10:59am

Re: MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
Thanks for a great review. The pants are exactly what I was looking for. I have the previous gen. MB wind pants and retrofitted with my own zipper, however these new ones use the new fabric which l...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
November 03, 8:51am

Re: FS: MLD stealth cuben solo mid and Inner net
Hi, how much use on mid? Don't want innernet, would you sell separate? If so how much just for mid? Is it totally stock? If not what custom features? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD stealth cuben solo mid and Inner net
June 12, 5:50pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm