Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 191 - 200 of 1876 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...188

Forum » Thread

Re: The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
Very nice, Roger. 89g ... 3.14oz ... the pi stove! Some other dimensions would be nice (height, what diameter circles would circumscribe legs and pot supports) Perhaps a photo of the stov...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
July 17, 7:51pm

Re: BWCA Packraft Fall Trip
A word of caution ... the toughest of the maintained BWCAW paddle/portage routes are still only about 25% portage. Richard N's advice above is sound. The Primitive Management Areas (PMA) co...

In Packrafting » Packrafting in the BWCAW?
July 16, 12:17pm

Re: "Winter" in the BWCA
Nice trip Matt! Funny how the weather can't seem to read a calendar, eh? Rose Lake area was my first exposure to the BWCAW, also in winter ... early March and I know what you mean about the...

In Post-Trip Reports » "Winter" in the BWCA
July 16, 8:41am

Re: Snowmass and Willow Lakes Loop
Very nice trip report, thank you! A friend is planning a trip for us in that area .... I'm expecting to sleep on the shores of Snowmass Lake on Aug 11

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowmass and Willow Lakes Loop
July 14, 12:57pm

Re: Cozies: Are they worth the weight?
Not applicable to UL hiking but ... When cooking (not freezer bag cooking) for a group of more than a couple, a cozy covering the top and all but the lower inch or so of the pot yields very larg...

In GEAR » Cozies: Are they worth the weight?
July 13, 7:57pm

Re: it doesn't exist (-and never did)
So the plains tribes burned more and more. Presumably that released countless tons of greenhouse gasses Indeed ... I'm thinking that would be largely CO2. Consider the life history of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My forest is burning!
July 13, 7:44pm

mn
deleted

In Gear Swap » FS - Evernew 1L (1.3L?) TitaniumPot (customized bail handle)
July 09, 2:51pm

about committees: The Politics of Cottage Consumption
PS: a committee is a dead end into which good ideas are carfully herded to be quietly buried. Here's another one ... "a camel is a horse designed by a committee"

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 8:01pm

Re: The Politics of Cottage Consumption
The smart consumer will by the best product at the best price, without prejudice as to what segment of the industry produced it, or where it was produced. Ahhhhhh, the smart consumer ... does th...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 2:36am

Re: Packit Gourmet- What dishes are your favorites?
For me its the Burger wraps, gumbo and Smoothies. Stephen, a rule to live by ... eat no cajun food prepared by a person born north of Interstate 10! But I might give it a try, there's exc...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packit Gourmet- What dishes are your favorites?
June 28, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am