Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Marco (jamesdmarco) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Finger Lakes
About Me Backpacker, hiker, cannoer, fisherman, since 1960 or so, now retired. I enjoy being outdoors and vary my gear to match what I am doing, where I am going, and who I am going with. I mostly head into the Adirondacks. GG Trail Ambassador.
jdm
CityIthaca
StateNew York
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Marco

Showing 191 - 200 of 2179 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...218

Forum » Thread

Re: Stove fuel usage
Yeah, that is my reasoning, too. But my overall consumption is a lot higher. I boil about 30oz, twice per day, and cook about 15min. Over a 14 day trip (two weeks I use about 20floz (or 16oz by we...

In GEAR » Stove fuel usage
April 06, 2:02pm

Re: Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
Hi Roleigh, How are the knees doing? As you know the small bottom will cause overall heating problems with any type of stove except some of the narrow focus style stoves like the Gigapower, Cole...

In Multiple Use Gear » Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
April 05, 5:12pm

Re: Re: Great googily moogily
"I am inclined to do nothing at this stage, letting the community handle this (politely) as it has already. As several have already emphasized, reputation matters. Thoughts?" I believe...

In Gear Swap » Quantum Endurance Climashield Quilt 5'X7' Slate Grey 75$
April 04, 6:21pm

Re: Washed twice?
This is a strong reason for limiting Gear Swap to Members and above, ONLY.

In Gear Swap » Quantum Endurance Climashield Quilt 5'X7' Slate Grey 75$
April 04, 9:34am

Re: Re: Re: Iridium GO! First Look
I don't care what others carry. I don't care what they don't carry. Technology should not impact me in any way when I am in the woods. I do not allow my technology to impinge on an...

In Editor's Roundtable » Iridium GO! First Look
April 03, 9:30pm

Re: Re: Aquamira drops
Forty years ago, I would head out with nothing. Drinking from springs as needed, but often going thirsty between watering holes. Boiling water for coffee/tea/cocoa worked. But it was always time co...

In GEAR » Aquamira drops
April 03, 10:09am

Re: A different perspective
Nick, I'm going with you. Errr, at least in spirit.

In Editor's Roundtable » Iridium GO! First Look
April 02, 5:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Comments
Yeah, a lot would depend on the construction of the pressure vessel. The actual refueling should be rather straightforward as long as there is a limiter to prevent overfilling.

In Editor's Roundtable » ISPO 2015: Part 2
April 02, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Silpoly 20Dx50D floor material?
I thing the 1.5 or 1.6oz.yd material with a good HH would be interesting to the DIY crowd. Silnylon always leaks out of the box, so to speak. Body weight is enough to do it on anything but loam/...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silpoly 20Dx50D floor material?
April 02, 5:35pm

Would you buy this tent?
Nothing wrong with car camping. I live a ways away from my hiking grounds so, I often head up with the wife, stay for a couple nights, then head out on a hiking or canoeing trip. We use a 4 season ...

In GEAR » Would you buy this tent?
April 02, 4:27pm

All Reader Reviews by James Marco

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Steripen Adventurer Opti
They finally revamped the old Adventurer with the Opti. 1) Improved battery life - The old unit went through batteries at about 25-30L per set. This was primarily because of leaving the batteries ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 16, 5:29am

Optimus/Primus? Svea 123R
The SVEA 123r is my standard stove for camping. I have spent about 40 years trying to replace the little beast. No such luck. I have found several different stoves that work well for 2-3 days (alcohol...

In Stoves - White Gas
April 19, 3:40am

Klymit Inertia X Frame
I picked up a Xframe (full size) a couple weeks ago. I took it out for 5 nights last weekend with my daughter, Brenda. I had a good trip but was unimpressed by the pad. I tried various techniques with...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 07, 5:16am

gossamer murmur
I have used the old GG G5 pack for well beyond a servicable lifetime. Patching, reinforcing, and repatching...it finaly died and I replaced it with a 2012 Murmur, one of the first off the production l...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 25, 6:06pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Great little piece of gear. Light, easy to use, miserly on fuel. Keeps the heat in on the pot and does a great job of boiling water. I will complain that it does not let enough heat out sometimes......

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 07, 3:50am

Thermarest Neo-Air
The NeoAir is a good pad, with a fantisticcall price. I have a medium which just fits me at 5'9". I usually inflate this fully while setting up camp, giving it a couple of breaths before slee...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 07, 3:22am