BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 191 - 200 of 321 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...33

Forum » Thread

Electronics and cooking
a very basic and lightweight gps receiver with no mapping or any fancy features, just a good antenna, a small display and the ability to display your present coords. For a little more weight, it mi...

In GEAR » Gear We'd Buy—If It Existed
March 24, 3:18pm

Re: Tarp pitching on cycling trips
I do something very similar to what Franco showed for a Contrail with a beaked rectangular tarp. The bike stays upright due to the tension in the guyline, no need even to use the stand. It's ju...

In GEAR » Tarp pitching on cycling trips
March 23, 6:14pm

PET vs Platy and drinking tubes
when I started weighing my stuff, I was amazed at how heavy the Platypus tube + cap + valve combo was, much heavier than the bottles, I don't have the figure with me now but it makes sense what...

In GEAR » Is it ok to reuse plastic water bottles?
February 27, 4:33am

Re: Pitching mids
now I think of it, it works the same for pitching a rectangular tarp in an A-frame: two back (or front) corners, then opposing ridge line apex (again the virtual triangle thing), then the remaining...

In GEAR » Perfect Pitch Tetrahedron Tent
February 26, 9:19am

Re: Pitching mids
not really that much. Anyway, if there's a floor with a fixed layout attached to the fly, as in a traditional tent, you can also get the right shape from there. In the absence of such floor, it...

February 26, 8:47am

Pitching mids
it's actually a very interesting point about pitching and I hadn't thought of that either or at least the theory behind it but I guess that's what I actually do to pitch my mids by stak...

February 26, 6:45am

Re: trail shoes durability
never owned NB shoes but the Vasque Velocity are a personal favorite. I thru-hiked the PCT in just two pairs of these (and discarded the first one when it was still usable) but the PCT is not too h...

In GEAR » trail shoes durability
February 19, 4:19pm

vs.?
I wouldn't be in the mountains without some sort of rain gear. You probably won't die if you're caught in the rain without it but it won't be a comfortable time. Some consider spari...

In GEAR » Wind Jacket VS Rain Jacket
February 17, 7:44am

Re: Vapor Trail Hip Belt
I've added a ULA hip belt to a GG Virga. It works very well. The ULA hip belt is not thick but it's wide and really transfers weight to the hips. I've carried up to 43 lbs. in relative ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vapor Trail Hip Belt
February 09, 5:38pm

pad for frame & organization
> It seems the issue is that putting anything in the pocket pushes the pack far away indeed and this is a bad thing. I don't like pad pockets unless the pad in them is thin. I do like the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packs that use pad for frame
February 08, 5:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am