BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 191 - 200 of 314 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...32

Forum » Thread

vs.?
I wouldn't be in the mountains without some sort of rain gear. You probably won't die if you're caught in the rain without it but it won't be a comfortable time. Some consider spari...

In GEAR » Wind Jacket VS Rain Jacket
February 17, 7:44am

Re: Vapor Trail Hip Belt
I've added a ULA hip belt to a GG Virga. It works very well. The ULA hip belt is not thick but it's wide and really transfers weight to the hips. I've carried up to 43 lbs. in relative ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vapor Trail Hip Belt
February 09, 5:38pm

pad for frame & organization
> It seems the issue is that putting anything in the pocket pushes the pack far away indeed and this is a bad thing. I don't like pad pockets unless the pad in them is thin. I do like the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packs that use pad for frame
February 08, 5:07pm

Re: Making the case for lighter footwear
I wouldn't still say "a pound in your feet is like xxx pounds in your back". Backpacking is much more than walking on a treadmill. It's actually much more than walking. You have t...

In GEAR » Making the case for lighter footwear
February 02, 6:34am

Gros Morne
I was hiking there a few years back. The place is amazing: beautiful, pristine and quite remote feeling once you get off the day hiking routes. I was in Gros Morne basically to hike the Long Range ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gros Morraine NP/ Newfoundland, Canada
January 23, 4:26pm

Layering with hoods
> with maybe the exception of socks spare gear (if that is what you mean) is not exactly the same as redundant gear. The line is blurred, I know

In GEAR » Layering with hoods...
January 22, 5:43pm

Layering with hoods
redundancy is UL treason! you all pro-multi-hood gang should be banned from BPL :) But seriously, hoods are nice and efficient at keeping warmth in for their weight but carrying several of them ...

In GEAR » Layering with hoods...
January 22, 7:04am

windshirt + rain jacket
The PCT is mostly dry during the north bound thru-hiking window but it does rain and not only in Washington. I wouldn't be in the mountains pretty much anywhere without some sort of rain protec...

In GEAR » Wind/Rain jackets on the PCT
January 07, 11:47am

Re: Nunatak Alpinist/ Liner
Quantum is ripstop and the taffeta isn't. Rips are probably not such a big concern for bags as they are for jackets or pants but no need to explain why you want it to stop as soon as possible i...

In GEAR » Nunatak Alpinist/ Inner Liner ??
January 05, 2:55am

Re: Quilt Concerns
you should probably change your subject line as it's misleading as it is. Your question is not about quilts but about down. It depends on local conditions. For a mostly dry environment, most...

In GEAR » Quilt Concerns
January 05, 2:36am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am