Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 191 - 200 of 7322 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...733

Forum » Thread

Re: Which WM Bag
I've got a Sequoia GWS I'll be listing soon if anyone is interested.

In GEAR » Which Western Mountaineering Bag
February 24, 9:01pm

Re: Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
What I learned on BPL today.... If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs because a dinosaur is giving birth; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, And spoon ...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 24, 4:37pm

Pup stuff - taken
Both jackets taken. I have one of these: http://www.ruffwear.com/Quinzee_Insulated_Jacket?sc=2&category=147981 and one of these: http://www.ruffwear.com/sun-shower-dog-raincoat Both ar...

In Gear Swap » Pup stuff
February 24, 3:36pm

Re: Favorite quilt-to-pad attachment strategy?
Philip, can you use any of the below? If so, PM your address and what you want and I'll put it in the mail. .

In GEAR » Favorite quilt-to-pad attachment strategy?
February 24, 8:57am

Re: Re: North Easterners, please report on your frigid winter camping - Bob
"I've now got all the kinks worked out with my canister stove setup and am quite comfortable using the JB MiniMo as my winter stove." What have you done to dial this in, and down t...

In Winter Hiking » North Easterners, please report on your frigid winter camping
February 24, 8:27am

Re: Zirkel
"Am I wrong in assuming that a quilt could be frustrating for a side sleeping who toss & turns all night?" It really depends on what frustrates you. I toss and turn all night when ...

In Gear Swap » WTB 20-35 degree roomy sleeping bag.
February 23, 5:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One Hillie to rule them all
"The Anjan 2 could be a good option also." It would be too much of a compromise for me. Don't get me wrong, all good tents. But the Unna checks off every box, instead of a just a f...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
February 23, 9:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: One Hillie to rule them all
"I feel the same as you Doug on the weight, thats why I preordered the Enan." I hear ya, but the Enan wouldn't work well for me - simply too small for me, I like my space. The Unna...

February 23, 8:56am

Re: Re: One Hillie to rule them all
Stuart, Yes, a 3-lb Unna would be great! Hilleberg prices don't bother me too much really, just the weight.

February 23, 7:24am

Re: Measuring Cups
http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Plastic-Gradutated-Medicine-Cups/dp/B0000XQQYG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424700411&sr=8-2&keywords=cough+medicine+measuring+cup

In GEAR » Measuring Cups
February 23, 7:08am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am