BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 191 - 200 of 6133 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Odor-proof Backpack
"What do you suppose the ratio of bear zaps -to- unintentional human zaps will be?" Depends on how much alcohol is involved....

In GEAR » Odor-proof Backpack
February 14, 9:38pm

Re: Re: Odor-proof Backpack
"I want electric bear bags." You can have one in June. http://www.rutalocura.com/palisade.html

In GEAR » Odor-proof Backpack
February 14, 7:22pm

Re: good, not too expensive, 2 or 3 person tent.
Not too expensive means different things to different people. A GREAT 2-3 person tent with wonderful ventilation options, lots of room and only weighs 49 oz. (a smidgen over 3lbs) is the Tarpten...

In GEAR » good, not too expensive, 2 or 3 person tent.
February 14, 5:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Return dilemma
"If the product has failed, then it has past its lifetime." Not true. I've failed more times than I like to admit, but I'm still kicking..... Of course, me mum has tried to ...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 1:27pm

Re: Re: "Return Dilemma"
+1 to everything Tad wrote (except my opinions are fact, it's just everyone else who thinks theirs are that bug me).

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 1:00pm

Re: Skyscape vs Solo & Hexamid + net questions
"To my untrained eye the SMD Skyscape and the LightHeart Solo look the same. Why would I choose one over the other?" Here's some pics I took when I first got a Lightheart Gear Solo...

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 13, 8:36pm

Re: Yes. I weighed it
Weird that they'd get it so wrong. They're hurting themselves overstating its weight! Looks like a nice piece.

In GEAR » Power Dry High Efficiency hoodies - Patagonia and Marmot - a comparison
February 13, 5:40pm

Re: Power Dry High Efficiency hoodies - Patagonia and Marmot - a comparison
"Essentially identical. The Patagonia weighs 227 grams, 8.0 ounces. The full zip Marmot weighs 230 grams, 8.1 ounces. " Marmot lists the weight of their hoody as 1 lb. Did you weigh yo...

In GEAR » Power Dry High Efficiency hoodies - Patagonia and Marmot - a comparison
February 13, 5:16pm

Tax returns
So I electronically filed my fed return Feb. 2, and my state return Feb. 7 (I had to wait for the program I use to have the state program available). Had both my fed and state refund in my account ...

In Chaff » Tax returns
February 13, 1:47pm

Re: Bad Elf Pro GPS?
I used the one that plugged into the bottom of an iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4 (30-pin connector). Didn't use it hiking, used it on a few bike rides. Worked great, but will take a toll on your battery...

In GEAR » Bad Elf Pro GPS?
February 13, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am