Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 191 - 200 of 7580 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...758

Forum » Thread

Re: Perspective Needed
the numbers can be a bit misleading, depending on what conclusion you're tempted to draw from them. Antidepressants are used to treat more than depression. According to a recent Scientific Amer...

In Chaff » A defense
June 14, 8:11pm

Re: Re: Minority Rule & High School
Aw man, I had them all until the last one. Didn't even have to look them up. Damn, I'm old.... Edit to add - google is so much fun. So did you go to school with Fred Dryer? He's a le...

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 14, 7:33pm

Re: Re: BPL Exclusive!
"I am Spartacus!" I'm Spartacus!

June 14, 6:11pm

Re: Link to new videos
Very cool stuff. Your own personal zoo. "That last one I uploaded a few minutes ago of the limping mountain lion was from last night. I was there 20 minutes earlier, alone....does that coun...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
June 14, 4:23pm

Re: Re: Re: site redesign
"Actually Nick, Badfinger did the song you quoted, not the Beatles." Written by Paul McCartney, was performed by the Beatles, but made famous by Badfinger.

June 14, 11:12am

Re: Re: Adding post to: "Outbreak of Giardiasis Associated with Drinking Surface Water Along a Hiking Trail [Aquamira]"
"To repeat ... their conclusion about this more recent event could possibly be incorrect ... but I wouldn't bet the farm on it." Thanks Jim, good to know.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Outbreak of Giardiasis Associated with Drinking Surface Water Along a Hiking Trail [Aquamira]
June 14, 7:00am

Re: Re: Aeropress it is!!!
"That weighs almost twice as much as my shelter." Well, yes, but if you try to strain coffee through your shelter there will be quite the mess to clean up.... :-)

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 12, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: where did all the soft cotton bandanas go????
Peasants. I have a qiviut bandana. Nice and soft.

In GEAR » where did all the soft cotton bandanas go????
June 12, 1:39pm

Re: Re: Ultralight Coffee Options
"If you ever were stuck drinking coffee from a C Rations pack, anything else tastes good." A big +1 to that! "Nowadays I bring the Nescafé Classico. Taster's Choice was fi...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 12, 11:40am

Tomorrow, Wendy ...
...you're going to die. Metal bands gurgle and use guttural voices/sounds to channel their anger. Punk bands screeched a lot and used discordance. This, I think, is one of the angriest so...

In Chaff » Tomorrow, Wendy ...
June 12, 11:24am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am