Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 191 - 200 of 7194 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...720

Forum » Thread

Re: Vest filled with rice
I work from home most days. I have a big house that's not well insulated, and I like to keep my heat low to save money (used to be 60 during the day, but I'm up to 64 these days). So if ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 3:09pm

Re: Re: Re: how much would you spend to save weight
Uncontested back in 1984. In North Carolina. So my 1984 wasn't like 1984.... (cue woman swinging a hammer into a video screen...) Edit to add: and as you can probably guess, she got the b...

In GEAR » how much would you spend to save weight
February 06, 3:05pm

Vest filled with rice
So I think I want a vest with the channels filled with brown rice instead of down/synthetic fill. Who wants to make me one? Serious question.

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 2:49pm

Re: how much would you spend to save weight
My divorce cost around $550 if I remember correctly. Saved me about 105 pounds or so. What's that work out to?

In GEAR » how much would you spend to save weight
February 06, 2:47pm

Re: I don't have a Kindle but...
"I've used both Guthook's apps and Gaia maps on my iPhone and iPad with great results. I can't imagine Kindle would be any different." The readers don't run apps, they ...

In GEAR » Maps and Trail Guides on Amazon Kindle
February 06, 2:44pm

Re: Test
Now, if you add target="_blank" at the end of the URL and before the >, it'll open in a new page instead of the current page, FWIW. So, substituting [ for <, it would look li...

In User Test Forum » Test
February 06, 2:00pm

Re: Re: re: sharing gear
"what else is there to share?" Cracker Jacks.

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
February 06, 8:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Little
"Be intellectually honest- you MUST choose one. The point was that (I hope) most everyone would place western nations higher in contention than, say, Russia." I don't think it matt...

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
February 05, 9:41pm

Re: Re: Re: how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
David, that is a wonderful story!

In Philosophy & Technique » how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
February 05, 9:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Little
An interesting take: http://reason.com/archives/2015/02/05/why-we-shouldnt-arm-ukraine

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
February 05, 8:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am