Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 191 - 200 of 6780 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...678

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Which FB overboots?
When I did my Michigan trip last winter (snowshoeing on a frozen but mostly snow covered Lake Superior, and then snowshoeing through deep snow [snowshoes sinking 8-10" in the snow with each st...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Footwear Solutions
October 17, 11:51am

Re: Go Giants!!!!!
I don't know, Eagles beat 'em up pretty bad last week.....

In Chaff » Go Giants!!!!!
October 17, 8:50am

Baxter Pass
Nice trip Tom! Gorgeous photos.

In Post-Trip Reports » Season Finale- Baxter Pass 10/7-8
October 16, 8:23pm

Re: FS: Elemental Horizons Aquilo Pack
"I don’t know how it would handle the Bearikade Expedition though." It'll handle it vertically just fine. One of my favorite things about this pack is the dual side pockets - ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Elemental Horizons Aquilo Pack
October 16, 5:35pm

Re: Works without Network?
Yes, it works without a cell connection.

In GEAR » knots 3d
October 14, 7:21pm

Less trees, more water for California?
Californians, will someone be thinning your forests pretty soon so you can water your lawns? http://www.npr.org/2014/10/14/356045082/how-too-many-trees-contribute-to-california-s-drought?utm_med...

In On the Web » Less trees, more water for California?
October 14, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Anyone having trouble contacting ProLite Gear?
After your initial post I sent an email through their site asking if they were having problems with their phone since I got a disconnected message when calling. They responded that the best way to ...

In GEAR » Anyone having trouble contacting ProLite Gear?
October 14, 1:33pm

Re: It's a free app
"It is a free app" Not according to iTunes. I just went in and searched for the app. It's 99 cents. Looks interesting though, and is highly regarded by a number of people, so I ...

In GEAR » knots 3d
October 14, 12:10pm

Re: I HATE YOU ALL.
"Now I want one." I don't take pictures when I hike, but I think I'll buy this camera. And then leave it in my gear room unused. No no, don't thank me.....

In GEAR » New camera
October 14, 9:40am

Re: re: Caribou Lake
"It was wonderful to see most of you again and great to meet Jeremy and Tony (well, we talked for about 1 minute at the last GGG)." Hmmmm. That leaves four of us that fall under the &q...

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribou Lake
October 14, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am