BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 191 - 200 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: International use of smartphone?
"Doug must have traveled to the Olympics in Sochi." Nah, I don't even watch the Olympics - no interest. But I did cover the Atlanta Olympics as an Army photojournalist. That was pr...

In GEAR » International use of smartphone?
July 02, 9:23am

Re: Re: Re: International use of smartphone?
"turn off your cellular data and use wifi" If you're going to use local wifi, get yourself a VPN and ALWAYS use it when you're traveling (actually, you should use a VPN whether...

In GEAR » International use of smartphone?
July 02, 9:13am

Re: HMG UltaMid2 - first edition
Price reduced to $480. Won't be going lower. Does not include stakes.

In Gear Swap » HMG UltaMid2 - first edition
July 01, 10:03pm

Re: FS: Warbonnet Travel Sock - olive brown
Price dropped to $50. Included shipping is US only. Will ship overseas for shipping cost added.

In Gear Swap » FS: Warbonnet Travel Sock - olive brown
July 01, 9:59pm

FS: HMG Porter 4400-M/M
Price dropped to $275.

In Gear Swap » FS: HMG Porter 4400-M/M
July 01, 9:58pm

Re: BP opinons for bad back..
Elemental Horizons Kalais.

In GEAR » BP opinons for bad back..
July 01, 9:19pm

Re: Where to buy hiking clothing for young children?
I have never been a parent (which my brother likes to wryly remind me whenever I forward him an article on childrearing I found interesting), but if it's only for one night and she's only 4...

In GEAR » Where to buy hiking clothing for young children?
July 01, 8:50pm

Feeling sorry for an alligator...
http://digg.com/video/you-wont-see-this-coming-and-neither-will-this-alligator

In On the Web » Feeling sorry for an alligator...
July 01, 3:02pm

Re: _
"Says the guy selling used underwear on the internet." goddamn. really? Max isn't justifying, he's right. There's little difference in selling used underwear than there is ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2
July 01, 1:33pm

Tea Party mindset
Interesting story on the Tea Party mindset, why they're so angry with the Republican 'establishment' and why they're stronger than many give them credit for. "In the Republi...

In Chaff » Tea Party mindset
July 01, 9:35am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am