BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 191 - 200 of 1663 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...167

Forum » Thread

Loaded for beer
HJ, I'll be hitting it hard Friday and Saturday, I'm bringing three SN Celebration Ales, stand back. :) Ken is hauling my chair. Who has the ice concession? I can't quite wrap around ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 21, 2:00pm

Google Map for Henry Coe State Park
I had issues too, until I went with a different source and came up with the E Dunne Rd. Fewer points to check in my 5 hour drive. Still need to get a newer CA map in case I end up in downtown Fre...

January 21, 11:09am

MSR pump failure
I can see you not being confident in MSR then. They have sold tons of stoves and back all their equipment. If looking at similar type stoves, be aware some have a tiny filter somewhere in the fue...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
January 21, 6:55am

MSR pump failure
I'm wondering if the collar that looks like is the broken part, was not seated properly and was loose. I don't use my more modern MSR stoves enough, to get enough trips on them to test for...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
January 20, 9:12pm

CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
I thought you were going to have a shuttle propelled by the ocean to get folks to the top. Like a ram pump that works off of slight fall in water to create pressure. Duane

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 20, 11:21am

Stakes
I've checked a number of times on his well thought of stakes. They are still out. BP season must not be here. Duane

In Gear Deals » Sawyer Mini @ Lawson - $20
January 19, 6:42pm

Waiting to see
I picked up a EE 30F Enigma quilt, loft is a lot less than my WM 35F Caribou sb, even with the Caribou laid out. I did the same on my WM Apache 15F bag, compared the measured loft with the stated ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's warmer for the weight: quilts, bags?
January 19, 3:19pm

GGG Fire Ban
I've run into "churchy" people up north here in the Caribou Wilderness who after I informed them campfires were banned due to high fire danger and was posted at the TH also, told me i...

January 18, 9:10am

CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
I wonder what bpers stove backup plan is with all the hype the last year over improved efficiency of both alcohol and Esbit type stoves. I'm worried some are going to ignore warnings and bring...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 17, 11:18am

GGG Parking Lot Sale
If I can make this, depending on the family emergency, I have a couple PIF alky stoves that were given to me when I picked up a spare TD 12-10 stove. Duane

In Gear Swap » GGG Parking Lot Sale
January 16, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.