BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 191 - 200 of 439 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...44

Forum » Thread

JMT fishing
I have been backpacking all over the sierras around the JMT for years, with the main reason being to fish. You can fish juuuuust about anywhere along the route as long as you have a California fis...

In Fishing » Fishing the JMT.
May 04, 12:00am

Fly Fishing
I would def bring some tan elk hairs....that is always my go to fly. And a spinning rod and bubble set up is a great choice. You can cast way out into lakes, and also be able to do short delicate...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Planning a trip out west and needing some help
May 03, 8:57am

thanks
Ediwn, thanks for the great advice. What do you think of the PN-40? I have been playing with it a bit around my house. I have the basics figured out. Still havent tried to manually place coordi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » learning to use a GPS unit
April 30, 2:36am

which one
Sorry forgot to say that haha. its a Delorme earthmate PN-40

April 29, 4:06pm

learning to use a GPS unit
Hey all I recently was given a GPS unit as a gift. I am really excited to get into the back country and use it. I have played with it and gotten the basics down. But was wondering if you all ha...

April 29, 3:03pm

shakespear
I also use the small collapsible shakespear rod and the Shakespear Synergy 200 reel. Both are very lightweight and small which is great for packing, and it makes it feel like a decent fight with t...

In GEAR » Ul fishing reel
April 27, 7:42pm

BUMP
Bumpidy bump bump bump

In Gear Swap » WTB microspikes
April 27, 7:36pm

WTB microspikes
Hey everyone Anyone have a pair of microspikes they would be willing to part with for a good price? Thanks Dan

In Gear Swap » WTB microspikes
April 26, 10:35pm

tarp-bivy
What kind of tarp are you bringing? I think that by the beginning of September there shouldn't be much of a bug problem....especially if you are smart about where you set up. I would be more ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and Bivy?
April 24, 11:55am

Yosemite mid June
Ya...I am in the same predicament. I am hoping to head up to Yosemite the third weekend in June. Start at Lyell Canyon and come out the mist trail. Am unsure of the snow conditions at this point....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » yosemite mid-june 2011
April 24, 11:50am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.