BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 191 - 200 of 385 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...39

Forum » Thread

plain rock
Ya I have always just used a plain rock and tied the rope directly to it. But I have seen rock bags mentioned before so I was just looking into it. I guess ill just stick with tieing it directly ...

In GEAR » rock bag recommendations
January 15, 5:49pm

rock bag recommendations
Hey all, wondering if any of you can recommend a good bag to use as a rock bag for a bear bag system. I feel like most bags would get snagged on branches or something and tare. Are there particul...

In GEAR » rock bag recommendations
January 15, 1:11pm

muir cabin?
Mark You mentioned "Muir Cabin"....where is that? and what exactly is it?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 13, 11:41pm

Bear creek to muir trail ranch
One of my favorite spots is in the John Muir Wilderness. You start by going up bear creek, and intersect with the JMT. Cruise along the JMT and you can cut off to hit a ton of spots like seven gab...

January 13, 10:32pm

PM sent
sent ya a pm.

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite "Original" Poncho Tarp, Dark Green
January 13, 10:21pm

WTB snowshoes
Hey there I have posted a while ago looking for a pair of snowshoes, but didnt quite find what I was looking for. Figured I would try again. I am 170lbs, so...I am looking for shoes that are rat...

In Gear Swap » WTB snowshoes
January 13, 3:13pm

more info
can we get some more info. How many miles do you hike a day? Do you like to fish? Do you like doing off trail hiking? will you have a car to get you to a trail head?

January 13, 2:27pm

gear list
So...i have my new gear list as a PDF and ready to load to my profile...but I cant seem to figure how to get rid of the current gear list on there...how do I delete that one to make room for my new...

In GEAR » gear lists and weights
January 10, 4:03pm

thanks!!
Ok thanks for all the great advice! Once I figure it out, I will post my gear list..I would love to get some feed back. its definitely not in the ultralight realm yet, but I am working towards it.

January 10, 3:38pm

gear lists and weights
Hey all So I started a similar thread awhile ago, but wanted to revisit. I finally got my gear list with all its weights and everything down and organized really well. I know when everyone talks ...

January 10, 2:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.