Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 191 - 200 of 406 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...41

Forum » Thread

Alaska-Yukon Expedition: From the Bering Sea to (Almost) the Alaska Range
Another post from Andrew on the National Geographic Blog ----------------------------------------------------------- April 7 , Day 25 Posted from Takotna, Alaska What I've Seen: From ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Andrew Skurka's trip?
April 08, 10:45am

RE: Barefoot
Two reasons why I wear minimalist footwear: 1. Cold weather. I live in MN and going barefoot is really only feasible 6 months of the year. On the flip side, I wore my VFF KSO's down to 0F ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
April 06, 7:44am

Re: thanks for the input everyone
Angela, Yes, you definitely need to transition slowly. I started out walking around my house and yard barefoot all of last summer and then when I bought my vibram fivefingers last fall I went f...

In GEAR » using custom orthotics: a question
April 05, 8:08am

Alaska-Yukon Expedition: Becoming a Lean, Mean Adventuring Machine
From Andy Skurka in the National Geographic Blog ---------------------------------------------- April 1, Day 19, Mile 500.8 Posted from Ruby, Alaska I'm almost three weeks into this ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Andrew Skurka's trip?
April 02, 2:06pm

I used to wear orthotics
Another option is to re-train your feet to not need orthotics. After being prescribed orthotics due to Patellar-Femoral syndrome (knee pains), I bought various different orthotics depending on my ...

In GEAR » using custom orthotics: a question
April 02, 8:57am

socks in vibram fivefingers
I always wear my injinji socks in my fivefingers. I just find it more comfortable. There are seams and such that can chaff and cause blisters if you are wearing it longer distances for running or...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 26, 12:47pm

re: Vibram Five Fingers??
They do take a little getting used to, but they do get a lot easier to put on. If I were to only take them for a camp shoe, I would definitely find something else as there are lighter and easi...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 26, 7:10am

Nunatek Luna Pad
A related question... I just received a Luna Pad from Nunatek (they have cosmetic blems available at a great price right now!!) Would you put the egg crate pattern up or down? Would you st...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad on inside or outside of bivy?
March 25, 7:50am

re: Shoe/boot research
In another thread regarding minimalist footwear, I made the following statement: --------------------------------- "Check out this 3rd party review of a line of shoe that Russell Moccasin Co...

In GEAR » Shoe/boot research
March 24, 11:42am

Sleeping pad on inside or outside of bivy?
I primarily use closed cell foam pads and am wondering as a new bivy user what people general do with their pads. I have only used my TiGoat bivy once and left the 1/2" pad out with my JR...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad on inside or outside of bivy?
March 24, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am