November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 191 - 200 of 226 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Lightning Safety
Question for all the knowledgable minds here. Say you're a good 500 feet or more above the tree line when an unexpected t-storm pops overhead. Run for low ground or squat and pray where you are...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lightning Safety
March 14, 5:36pm

For dinky local "hikes" in central NJ i used to take a photo of the map (I'm a photographer so the camera is with me on every hike). Hows THAT for light weight, we're talking pixe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where to keep the map while walking?
March 14, 5:33pm

Yea, thought of that. Just got back from the depot, and a guy who camps told me the best and easiest is just a bandana, and I agree with him.

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat resistant dust tape
March 12, 10:59am

Moosejaw - the anti-sale
Browsing Moosejaw, thinking theyre cool, till I see a knife from Kershaw for $60 that Kershaw themselves MSRPs for $30. I keep looking around, and a lot of the gear they have is over priced. What g...

In Gear Deals » Moosejaw - the anti-sale
March 12, 10:02am

Maybe even make a small plastic mold to squeeze the caulk into so it forms a more cylindrical shape around the handles? Then again, I wouldnt even need to cover the entire length of the handle; I o...

March 12, 9:59am

Heat resistant dust tape
I bought a titanium pot from Backcountry, their own model on sale for $25, not bad. Only thing is handles are bare. I was thinking heat resistant duct tape would work, anyone have experience with i...

March 12, 8:43am

Re: a 20 year reveiw of my gear
$5 an ounce sounds about right to me. If I spend $10 to save one ounce, I'm happy with that ratio. What a disparity between the years, technology has come a ways.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a 20 year reveiw of my gear
March 12, 8:35am

My first real backpack trip since scouts, I was 19 when I went to the Adirondacks for the first time. I was one of the few unfortunate ones to have rented the Bear Vault about one week after the be...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Kindness of Strangers
March 11, 11:00am

re: How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
God, so much. And I've been guilty in the past, luckily theres always been great people to show me the correct way to do things. I once walked two miles in the dark (each way) to deposit foo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
March 11, 10:18am

Re: How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
Eyes glued to the ground.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
March 08, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.