Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 191 - 200 of 5318 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...532

Forum » Thread

Exped UL7 Failure and the REI Warranty - Kudos
I bought a Exped UL7 Regular about 3 years ago. A baffle separated - - - so I sent it back to REI. My money has been refunded, even though the current Exped warranty on the UL series is ...

In GEAR » Exped UL7 Failure and the REI Warranty - Kudos
September 18, 9:53am

Re: Re: Grand Canyon: North Rim to Point Imperial Ride ?
They are all far away. I'm hoping to find a Park volunteer, or seasonal, or camper willing to drive the 20 mile round trip. But, thanks for the ideas. The search continues.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyon: North Rim to Point Imperial Ride ?
September 17, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Exped UL7 W versus NeoAir XTherm L
"The only thing that i can figure is that while a firm Exped is a hair wider than a firm NeoAir, the rolled edges on the Expeds actually make it just as narrow because as the rolled edge drops...

In GEAR » Exped UL7 W versus NeoAir XTherm L
September 16, 7:52pm

Re: Re: Exped UL7 W versus NeoAir XTherm L
Granted, it is a Very subjective situation, but while lying on my side, I am able to park my butt on the edge and not slide off. When on my back, it is amazingly stable, even when I intentiona...

September 16, 7:35pm

Re: Gluten free granola
"I've never made granola before." Gluten is the elastic stuff the results when two of the proteins of wheat combine during the bread making process. If you don't have wheat or...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Gluten free granola
September 16, 6:44pm

Exped UL7 W versus NeoAir XTherm L
An Exped UL7 MW specs at 26" x 72", and measures 25 x 71, when inflated "firm". A NeoAir xTherm Large specs at 25" x 77", and measures 24 x 77,when inflated "fir...

September 16, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Want a FREE CCF Sleeping Pad?
Richard - "A 1" pad with an R-Value 21 is only achievable in a vacuum." So the assumption is that the cells in the pad would "out-gas", each becoming a vacuum. Other...

In Gear Deals » Want a FREE CCF Sleeping Pad?
September 15, 9:55pm

Re: Durn...
It's material they use for artificial putting greens, but it failed some spec so they are trying to unload it.

September 15, 4:53pm

Re: 2.1 then..
I sent them an e-mail with a link to wiki on insulation. They "fixed" it. Now the claim is R-3.6 for 1/2".

September 15, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Sucka...
I called them.... ...they really believe it is R-21. Some high-end aerogel is around R-20

September 15, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm