BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 191 - 200 of 5010 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...501

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chlorine Dioxide
Zorg: "4 hr wait is only for super-cold and turbid water. It will cysts in clear 60* water in 45 minutes or less." Giardia Cysts, not Cryptosporidium "Depending on the tempe...

In GEAR » Filter Recommendation
June 11, 10:19pm

Re: Re: What is the lightest canister stove pot combination?
The Trail Lite 550 specs the width at 3.74". Anyone tried to put a canister in it?

In GEAR » What is the lightest canister stove pot combination?
June 11, 9:10pm

Re: Thank you
Our dog was chasing a rabbit (bad dog!) and broke a toe nail. Stopped her then and there, and turned her into a 3-legged dog. Three days later the vet removed the nail, and cleaned out the in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog Injury on Trail
June 11, 5:02pm

Re: Staked out trekking pole "tripod"
^^^^ Suluk46 A-Pod 6 grams Cords and stakes not included.

In Make Your Own Gear » Staked out trekking pole "tripod"
June 11, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Another STP deal
We do. The thread is called "Gear Deals".

In Gear Deals » Another STP deal
June 11, 3:22pm

Re: RE: USA Coding
Thanks David. It sounds like WestPac Marine is ahead of the curve. Good on them.

In GEAR » Ocean Signals rescueME PLB
June 11, 3:09pm

Re: Use of RescueMe in USA
Australian Rescue Beacons "Cospas-Sarsat is a global system and distress beacon alerts are received by the satellites from anywhere on the Earth's surface. If an Australian-coded dist...

In GEAR » Ocean Signals rescueME PLB
June 11, 1:16pm

Re: Encouragement Needed
"Anyone else survived this sort of nonsense and have words of encouragement to offer?" On May 26th I took a shower, then found I could not step out of the tub without excruciating ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Encouragement Needed
June 11, 7:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fuel canisters
"I don't particularly like Jetboil, the burner build quality is very low compared to SnowPeak, for instance. But fuel economy and weight are good." SnowPeak and a JetBoil Cup ...

In GEAR » fuel canisters
June 10, 9:46pm

Re: Re: Re: so...which is SAFER...regardless of regulations
"Flamethrower ..." Someone here posted a video of several canister stoves being tipped over and righted while in cooking mode. No "flamethrower effect" was observed.

In GEAR » fuel canisters
June 10, 6:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm