BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 191 - 200 of 5161 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...517

Forum » Thread

Re: Tracking points
Yea. But nothing for the entire route? The track points keep shifting ahead, so "50" is always the current one. There are, at the moment, 84 points.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 23, 8:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: See Krissy and Jen Run
Can anyone tell me how to see the total track? For me it appears to truncate to the last 50 points.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 23, 8:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: See Krissy and Jen Run
"SPOT Time" - the time indicated on the SPOT tracking page. Versus PT or MT or CT. When I expand the Tracking Progress tab it shows the most current update for point 50 to be 7:51 &...

July 23, 7:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: See Krissy and Jen Run
At 7:33 "SPOT Time" they were about 2 miles south of Pinchot Pass, ~ 61 miles covered in 23 hours.

July 23, 7:50am

Re: 2nd
Just a FYI. Money changed hands and the poles are headed my way.

In Gear Swap » GG LT4 poles (no straps)
July 22, 9:09pm

Re: Re: See Krissy and Jen Run
Meanwhile, back to the thread .... ~ 44 miles +/- in 12 hours +/- From Whitney Portal to almost Vidette Meadow. With about 8,000'+ of climbing. 3.3 miles per hour. Wow. Assumi...

July 22, 8:44pm

Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
"The Spot device sampling rate seems to be once every ten minutes," Except between #30 and #31, and then between #34 and #35. For 45 minutes and then 100 minutes, SPOT took a br...

July 22, 5:57pm

Re: Re: How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
Although one might suspect otherwise, I don't have a big mouth. My dentist hates me. I literally can't get two fingers in my mouth to floss effectively. Hence a "tool".

In GEAR » How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
July 22, 5:09pm

Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
Mt. Whitney is the official start/end.

July 22, 4:42pm

Re: Measurements
If you want to compare apples and apples, you need to know the starting temp of your water (I always start with 45°F water), and your boiling point (195°F for me at 7600'), and the quantity o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Esbit + Fosters Pot Boil Times
July 22, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm