BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 191 - 200 of 1248 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...125

Forum » Thread

PM sent on Duo
PM sent on Duo

In Gear Swap » FS: Duomid and Bibler Itent
July 15, 6:54pm

Old Story
Years ago, when the western part of the country was being settled, an old man had a farm on one of the main trails west, where folks often passed by. One day a wagon with a family pulled up, and th...

In GEAR » A McHale demo pack arrived today
July 15, 9:41am

re: Re: re: Re: re: Duomid inner question
"Wow it does matter if the corners are square, doesn't it??!!" Absolutely! I always carry a t-square to ensure proper alignment! ;) Seriously, I've never worried about it. G...

In GEAR » Duomid inner question
July 14, 12:19pm

re: Is a groundsheet really necessary?
I'm with Greg on this. No groundsheet is necessary for a decent tent. In fact, I haven't used one in years. It's just something else to carry. Even cowboy camping, with a closed cell fu...

In GEAR » Is a groundsheet really necessary?
July 14, 11:26am

re: Re: re: Duomid inner question
No doubt you're right, Greg, but the MLD system has worked for me for several years, multiple locations, in the Duomid, the Cricket and the Solomid. Since the OP is leaving shortly for the J...

July 14, 11:22am

re: Duomid inner question
Here's what MLD's site says: "The very first time you set up your Innernet and Mid will take about 10-20mins to get the pitch correct. After the corner bungee loops are tied and adj...

July 14, 9:51am

re: A McHale demo pack arrived today
Having recently been the recipient of a McHale demo pack, I have to say that the pack, just the demo, was above and beyond what I expected. The wealth of innovations and clever engineering on it wa...

In GEAR » A McHale demo pack arrived today
July 13, 7:35pm

re: Re: re: Re: it doesn't exist (- and never did)
"Any sense that they are "more sensitive to what's happening in the local environment" in the way that I am aware of the sale items at Safeway, when the shipment of produce comes...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My forest is burning!
July 13, 7:08pm

re: Re: it doesn't exist (- and never did)
David, here's another tome which chronicles the environmental changes "primitive" peoples accomplished in the precolumbian Americas: Imperfect Balance, David L. Lentz, ed., 2000. M...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My forest is burning!
July 13, 5:32pm

Neither
Given your shoulders, it sounds like a custom pack may be needed. It would be expensive, but probably worth it over the years.

In GEAR » Aether 70 vs ULA Catalyst
July 12, 11:54am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am