BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 191 - 200 of 1414 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...142

Forum » Thread

Recovery
One thing to add to Greg's excellent summary. At the days end you need to eat a healthy dose of carbs to make a deposit into the glycogen account. This should be done as close to the finish p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 05, 6:58pm

What Greg said
He nailed it perfectly. FWIW, I eat 300 calories of mostly carbs per hour, 3 mph pace, few breaks, 190 lbs.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 05, 6:55pm

SUL on a thru
I suspect there are very few long distance hikers that meet the sub 5lb definition of SUL, its just not worth the loss of comfort on such an extended trip. I know for a fact that several on the li...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
August 04, 7:58pm

No way
I have everything I NEED in my little pack. Unless I'm out for over five days, the pack weight isn't noticeable so I would gain nothing from a robot or other living helper.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking robot: would you use one?
August 02, 7:01pm

Easier miles
I suspect there are very few folks who's primary mission is miles. Rather, it is often the means to a different end, more terrain seen, less time away from home, opportunity to get into remote...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piece of gear to stay focused
August 02, 11:41am

Minimalist hiking
Aaron, I love this debate. I think some of the reaction you are getting is do to the nature of your hiking. Many cant realize how insulation layers really aren't needed when you are constant...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
August 01, 6:10pm

Re: Bear bagging is passe
Bears may leave it alone (or not) but you will attract a whole lot of other critters going after the salt.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bear bagging is passe
July 31, 5:32am

Stretch
A pair will last about 2654 miles!

In GEAR » Patagonia Boxer Briefs
July 29, 7:31pm

Shelter
I have used my PCT gear on the the AT as I section my way down the trail. The major change that I made was to get rid of my tarp/bivy and move to a MYOG setup that is very similiar to a MLD mid wi...

In GEAR » Difference in gear for PCT vs. AT
July 29, 10:39am

Resupplies
You can see a copy of the resupply plan that I planned to use in 2011. I ended up doing a couple of things different. I added Kennedy Meadows north out of Sonora pass to cut down the carry in the...

In GEAR » PCT backpack
July 28, 8:42am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.