BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 191 - 200 of 1448 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...145

Forum » Thread

Hiking food data
You ask some great questions. Unfortunately, there is very little real data (a whole lot of opinion.) dealing with backpacking nutrition especially the particular angle that you are interested in. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » in defense of fresh foods?
August 26, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Fire
"so, if in the 25 yrs since it last burned, and that 1987 was FAR to long in coming and it killed a lot of the trees, then what else will be there besides "undergrowth". it can't...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 25, 3:17pm

Fire
Isnt this the same general area that burned in 1987? If so then how did the undergrowth get so bad to allow this fire to take place? If fire is needed to stop big fires then why didn't it work?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 25, 12:07pm

Two answers
Too much and more than I will during the next five years.

In GEAR » How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
August 18, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
"The constant snacking is probably completely unnecessary for most, but we've trained our bodies (and/or our brains) to think we need it...and possibly even require it." I would ev...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
August 17, 11:16am

Re: Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
Craig, I think you are comparing apples and oranges. Most of the threads regarding nutrition are in the context of 1) people that are doing high mile days. 2) people that are bonk while doing ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
August 17, 5:58am

CCF for sore hips?
I went away from CCF to a Neoair precisely because of this. I find it hard to believe that moving to a CCF will be an improvement for sore hips but try it out. I personally would be looking at in...

In GEAR » Switching to a foam pad?
August 15, 8:19am

Re: Re: Re: Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
Kevin, Your calories were not high enough. Try doing 250 calories, high carbs per hour. I bet you won't Bonk.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
August 13, 9:08pm

Re: Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
Kevin, Sounds like you are well on your way up the learning curve. What I found as I kept pushing is that I would hit a new breaking point and this would be the next issue to solve. Also, some ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
August 13, 4:46am

Re: Re: No arrest on ice
"You need to have the ice axe in your hand if you want to self arrest : )" No truer words have been spoken. And that applies to areas that seem straight-forward. One of notorious area...

In GEAR » Learning how to use an ice axe this winter near Asheville
August 12, 5:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.