Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 191 - 200 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Patagonia Men's M10 for $280 and Women's $235
shoebuy.com has them both on sale and then I was able to add their 20% off coupon to achieve that price. Hell of a nice rain jacket/hard shell at a much more realistic price that $400!

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Men's M10 for $280 and Women's $235
January 22, 9:25pm

New WP/B fabrics for 2011
I think BPL is going to have a similar article next week, but for those who can't wait: http://www.adventure-journal.com/2010/11/guaranteed-to-make-you-buy-three-new-fabrics-take-aim-at-gore...

In GEAR » New WP/B fabrics for 2011
January 21, 8:55am

OR update
I think everyone will enjoything, here is an article about WP/B fabrics that are up and coming: http://www.adventure-journal.com/2010/11/guaranteed-to-make-you-buy-three-new-fabrics-take-aim-at-...

In GEAR » Current Lighweight W/B Jackets
January 21, 8:54am

rab xenon
I've been wondering the same thing. My impression is that they supply about the same amount of warmth. I'm a big fan a of primaloft myself. I tried on a Nano puff and the fit is boxier t...

In GEAR » Nano vs. thermawrap hoodies
January 19, 2:10pm

houdini
The houdini definitely is longer in the torso that the nine trails jacket and obviously has a hood. Nine trails is real short in the torso, but it does have the nice stretchy and breathable back. ...

In GEAR » litespeed/houdini/nine trails?
January 19, 2:04pm

very similar
The Wildcat and Raptor feel almost identical except that the Wildcat has much more cushion, and as a consquence much less flex. The only other difference is that think that the Raptor were a littl...

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcats vs Raptors
January 19, 2:02pm

FS: The North Face Thunder Down Jacket size small
I like my Thunder jacket but I find myself using synthetic more these days. It is in great shape and is still the current model with a pertex quantum shell. My scale weighs it at 13 oz., size sma...

In Gear Swap » FS: The North Face Thunder Down Jacket size small
January 18, 9:33am

WTB: MLD Duomid
If you got a Duomid and you aren't diggin' it, let me know! gabe.joyes@gmail.com

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Duomid
January 18, 9:30am

SOLD
SOLD! THANKS YA'LL!

In Gear Swap » WM Apache GWS 5'6"
January 17, 10:06pm

bump
bump

In Gear Swap » WM Apache GWS 5'6"
January 14, 12:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am