BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 191 - 200 of 295 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: just getting started with fishing
Check out this thread I started: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/7241/index.html?skip_to_post=51930#51930

In Fishing » just getting started with fishing
December 21, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Kinsman w/ hood vs Cocoon UL 60 Hoody
Found some info to help compare: Kinsman Pullover --------------- The standard kit includes a warm 1.8 oz layer of Primaloft Sport (.4" loft; clo: 1.8*.74=1.33) Cocoon UL 60 ---------...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kinsman w/ hood
December 20, 9:27am

Re: Kinsman w/ hood vs Cocoon UL 60 Hoody
First of all, great job on your Hoody. I'm always impressed by the MYOG projects on BPL and this is yet another example of making a quality piece of gear, at a low price. I'm interestin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kinsman w/ hood
December 20, 6:52am

Re: My 3 season gear list
Taking Brett's idea, I now have pictures on my gear list. Enjoy! My gear list

In Gear Lists » My 3 season gear list
December 18, 6:45pm

Re: missing the point morons
Steve, the issue is that Bear never stated that some of the stunts he were pulling we're staged. For instance, I don't remember him saying that they trucked in a horse to tame, do you? ...

In On the Web » Man Vs. Wild
December 16, 4:06pm

Re: Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
The real question is bro or manzierre?

In GEAR » Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
December 14, 2:20pm

Re: r1 stitching
I had some of my stitching fall apart at the bottom waist section. I plan to return it for a new r1. 130 bucks and I'm not going to deal with bad stitching. Update: I went to patagonia an...

In GEAR » What would you all do?
December 14, 6:22am

10 in 1 Solar Powered, Crank, Radio, Light, etc - 10 bucks
Survivor 10 in 1 Solar-Powered Crank, LED Emergency Lamp, AM/FM Weather Band Radio with Cell Phone Charger - 00064 10 bucks, free shipping and you can use paypal. buy.com link I just got one.

In Gear Deals » 10 in 1 Solar Powered, Crack, Radio, Light, etc - 10 bucks
December 14, 6:11am

Re: Getting into backpacking, starting to look at gear
You can't get go wrong with a WM bag. Just make sure you get the one for the temps you will be hiking in. For the tent, I would check out tarptent.com. They have a model that will fit 3. ...

In GEAR » Getting in backpacking, starting to look at gear
December 13, 6:54pm

100kb gear list limitation
I can't seem to get my gear list under 500kb. Anyone know of any tricks of getting a google docs gearlist under 100kb?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » 100kb gear list limitation
December 11, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm