BPL Community Profile

Raquel Rascal (flutingaround) - BPL Guest

My Locale Rocky Mtn. West
About Me An outdoors girl in Denver, CO. I have a love for skiing, snowshoeing and backpacking and want to venture into other mountain sports--backcountry skiing? I just took a winter camping course with the CMC last year. I have started to get back pain with a heavier load, so I want to lighten up and meet others in my area with the same mentality.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Raquel Rascal

Showing 191 - 200 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

touche
Good point Ryan--transparency about this would increase the competition, and we wouldn't want that, would we? Those with the technological savvy will reign supreme. I suppose I could research i...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Indecision - Is it just me or...
October 17, 8:15am

Discovery Expedition
Check out these Discovery Expedition hats on Sierra Trading Post. Good prices and good quality. I just bought the microfiber ear flap cap and it's great. Benefit is having a brim to block the s...

In GEAR » winter hiking hat
October 17, 8:05am

Slide show
Check out this link. This is the website for the winter camping school, with some good contacts for you. The volunteer instructors are very helpful and passionate and may be willing to speak with y...

In Winter Hiking » How necessary is a 4 season tent?
October 17, 7:50am

3 season vs. 4 season
I haven't camped in a 4 season in winter conditions in the Rockies yet, but I took winter camping with the Colorado Mtn. Club last year, and several of us were successful with 3 season tents (a...

In Winter Hiking » How necessary is a 4 season tent?
October 17, 7:42am

hmmm
Actually, I'm relieved someone has brought up some concerns about the gear swap, as I think open communication is healthy, rather than stewing about it. Conflict can be a good thing if discusse...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Indecision - Is it just me or...
October 17, 7:28am

Goosefeet
My Goosefeet down balaclava....I love it!

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 15, 9:39am

@ Ozzy
Thanks so sharing your ideas...I have some things to think about now. Sewing a tarp by hand would be fun. I was actually able to take a sewing needle on planes this summer no problem.

In Make Your Own Gear » Hand sewn projects for beginners?
October 09, 6:35am

@ Justin
That Brazil hat looks nice on the girls!

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
October 09, 6:31am

I liked this show
I watched Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment and the Venezuela series which was really moving. I learned something from both, but they were very food focused because they were long term surviva...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who watches survival shows? (NOT "Suvivor")
October 08, 8:21pm

I have the perfect hat for you!
I bought this baseball style hat from Sierra Trading Post two months ago and got to use it in very bright alpine conditions for two trips. It's by Discovery Expeditions. I'm not kidding whe...

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
October 08, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Raquel Rascal

Raquel Rascal has posted no reviews.