BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 191 - 200 of 587 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: how did this happen?
" Is this normal or caused the by the forest service putting out too many fires and not lighting enough control fires to prevent tinder buildup? " the acerage is ok, it's the inten...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 24, 5:21pm

Re: Getting ciagarette smell out of tent
it may not have been smoked "in". i bought a very nice Simpson voltmeter off ebay from a fellow that rebuilds them (the meter works great) but apparently he smokes like a locomotive. the ...

In GEAR » Getting ciagarette smell out of tent
August 24, 7:42am

Re: Re: Re: "New REI warranty, few questions about it......"
" what exactly am I getting for that $20 " ? a 10% kickback, every year, for a very long time. excellent service from people who if not the world's most knowledgable in your par...

In GEAR » New REI warranty, few questions about it......
August 22, 7:01pm

Re: How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
" Ye Gods and Little Fishes! That’s 2,690 clams! " so .. only about as much as the cheapie model kayak from FeatherCraft ?? 2x yes on the "i should have studied and waited...

In GEAR » How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
August 20, 12:32pm

Re: Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
bear spray (the regular size 8.1oz unit),and attitude. if the animal will not back off within a reasonable time (be patient), walk directly on over, and spray the beast. is should leave. if a b...

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 20, 12:28pm

Re: Anyone else slightly underwhelmed by ULA packs? [crickets chirping]
" If you are really good at shaping your own stays, then more power to you, but for all the rest of us, I'm not sure how it would work. I guess these packs just conform to you over time? ...

In GEAR » Anyone else slightly underwhelmed by ULA packs? [crickets chirping]
August 19, 12:50pm

Re: Re: polar bears
the advice to "have an armed polar bear guard" contains the half truths of most gov't utterances. as a working Canadian Citizen you are precluded from having a firearm inside of the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » polar bears
August 18, 11:47am

Re: sore throat after long backpacking trips?
and if one is not already in fantastic shape, yes, it will happen. just as if one is starting out a new (and brutal) workout regime, it's going to be a few weeks before you feel like you don&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sore throat after long backpacking trips?
August 16, 9:45pm

Re: Re: "Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite"
" Do it. Just go and do it. " ya. he's right. stop dink'n around, and add some down. you'll love it. my exp with the versalight was not at all terrible. it's a light...

In GEAR » Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite
August 16, 9:32pm

Re: Are trail runners supposed to fall apart?
if the stich is bursting open, that is a quality issue. if it's just the threads getting torn off thru abrasion, one mightb e able to cure it 100% with application of mcnett sealer. mcnett will...

In GEAR » Are trail runners supposed to fall apart?
August 16, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm