BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 191 - 200 of 572 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Mist, fog, dew + down
you were just only under some netting. right ? with that in comparison, a tarp would have helped a Great Deal. especially if you brought the windward edge to ground and/or got behind a nice clump...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy mist + down
August 12, 6:48am

Re: Why do we have to wait for gear?
if you make something fairly decent, and price it reasonably, demand may well exceed production capacity during the season. thusly, order times fall behind and people are then "waiting"....

In GEAR » Why do we have to wait for gear?
August 10, 7:38pm

Re: Pounds of food and calories per day?
as one goes deeper into a trip, the food poundage needs to ramp up. it's not miles that matter, unless they are special identical designated trail miles that are somehow are all the same. you ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pounds of food and calories per day?
August 07, 11:44am

Re: BEST ultralight spinning rod / reel.
after years of packing the them around, i decided that by it's very shape, a spinning reel is a pita. to that end, i now pack a baitcasting reel : sure, it makes me look like was born in a tai...

In GEAR » BEST ultralight spinning rod / reel.
August 07, 11:31am

Re: Sharing space?
i bring two solo tents when i go camping with my lady. i've seen her enough to know what it looks like. she's been around me plenty long enough to know the routine. separate tents allows ea...

In GEAR » Sharing space?
August 05, 7:45pm

whisperlite burn times.
(for Harold) a long time ago.. in a world far away.. i had a job where it was possible to make endless cups of coffee (w/Kahloahh), and get paid while doing it. so, being a good bpl'r, to that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 04, 1:34pm

Re: Band Aid Friction Block = Crisco = Fire Starter?
along those lines ... of organic skin care. at one time i contracted a nasty bit of industrial caused skin problems on my hands. they were red, and hurt, and dry, and it looked icky. (too far over ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Band Aid Friction Block = Crisco = Fire Starter?
August 03, 7:35am

Re: Baladeo Sharpening?
i got one of those 4 surface diamond stoning kits. it works the treat on sharpening things. if only getting one surface, i'd go for the one-step-above-extra-fine unit. but all 4 is more fun. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Baladeo Sharpening?
August 02, 8:19pm

Ray Jardine is laughing at us ...
on all this anti NF and their silly stupid logo's, loss of serious focus, and lame graphics plastered all over ... am sure the Ray Jardine is laughing his ever-so-cynical butt off at us Right...

In GEAR » The North Face sucks
August 02, 8:15pm

Re: Re: Kristin Gates is hiking across a lot of Alaska.
it appears she has DONE IT ! (and quickly too)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kristin Gates is hiking across a lot of Alaska.
August 02, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm