BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 191 - 200 of 579 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite"
" Do it. Just go and do it. " ya. he's right. stop dink'n around, and add some down. you'll love it. my exp with the versalight was not at all terrible. it's a light...

In GEAR » Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite
August 16, 9:32pm

Re: Are trail runners supposed to fall apart?
if the stich is bursting open, that is a quality issue. if it's just the threads getting torn off thru abrasion, one mightb e able to cure it 100% with application of mcnett sealer. mcnett will...

In GEAR » Are trail runners supposed to fall apart?
August 16, 11:40am

Re: Re: Re: Singer 401a?
you have adjustable foot pressure too . some times more foot psi can help more than thread tension. good luck, v.

In Make Your Own Gear » I need tips for sewing webbing!
August 13, 3:29pm

Re: Re: Singer 401a?
i am all with jerry on this one. try a piece of normal material. it sews ? then shove in one webbing. it should still sew just fine. add 2nd webbing, and it might slow down, or you need to manuall...

In Make Your Own Gear » I need tips for sewing webbing!
August 13, 3:28pm

Re: Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite
keep in mind that it's a very light bag, and they are not overly puffy to start with. mine had some thin spots when nearly new, and it was never really all that secure (warmth wise). on the oth...

In GEAR » Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite
August 13, 3:12pm

Re: Brooks Range Propel 2D, worth 270.00?
edited post. oops .. i read the orig memo wrong. cheers, v.

In GEAR » Brooks Range Propel 2D, worth 270.00?
August 12, 8:56pm

Re: It's how business works
Jason : all quite correct, and will remain so intill something new comes along. the new thing that came along was QRM (quick response manufacturing) which, if you follow the rules, can land you red...

In GEAR » Why do we have to wait for gear?
August 12, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Mist, fog, dew + down
you were just only under some netting. right ? with that in comparison, a tarp would have helped a Great Deal. especially if you brought the windward edge to ground and/or got behind a nice clump...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy mist + down
August 12, 6:48am

Re: Why do we have to wait for gear?
if you make something fairly decent, and price it reasonably, demand may well exceed production capacity during the season. thusly, order times fall behind and people are then "waiting"....

In GEAR » Why do we have to wait for gear?
August 10, 7:38pm

Re: Pounds of food and calories per day?
as one goes deeper into a trip, the food poundage needs to ramp up. it's not miles that matter, unless they are special identical designated trail miles that are somehow are all the same. you ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pounds of food and calories per day?
August 07, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm