BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 191 - 200 of 285 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Encounters with the Archdruid
Hey Ken, A book you may enjoy reading by John McPhee is exactly what you describe above. John McPhee is a superb story teller and his character development is unbiased and accurate. I especially li...

In Chaff » Please Read This
October 03, 8:58pm

Re: A Huge Thank YOU!
The word Mudita comes to mind.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Huge Thank YOU!
September 29, 8:21pm

Re: "Catch and release"
Catching, eating, or releasing a fish is a fairly simple task but managing a species/habitat for future generations now that is the true challenge.We are living with a generation of young and...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 12, 9:45pm

Re: FS: Equinox Tarp, Tents, Steripen, BearVault, Montbell Down Vest & Miscellaneous
PM sent on Bearvault 500

In Gear Swap » FS: Equinox Tarp, Tents, Steripen, BearVault, & Miscellaneous
September 11, 4:01pm

Re: Closet cleaning
PM sent on Fenix EO5

In Gear Swap » Closet cleaning
August 29, 11:24pm

Re: FS - Katabatic Alsek 22°F Long Wide Quilt
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS - Katabatic Alsek 22°F Long Wide Quilt
August 28, 9:51pm

Re: Tarp & Bivy for sale.
Prices on tarp and bivy?

In Gear Swap » Custom Cuben Tarps - the Virga Specter: Checking in at 6.5 ounces!
August 25, 8:21pm

New Absoraka Pack
Might as well round out the pack. New Absoraka pack size LARGE. Includes extra shoulder straps.PM if interested. Bill

In Gear Swap » WTB: Absoraka
August 16, 9:58am

payment sent
I am paid for 200 feet. Thank you!

In Gear Swap » Dyna-Glide Dyneema 1000 pound test for bear bags, hammocks, guylines....
August 11, 7:28pm

Re: Re: Where can I get a platy hoser screw fitting/hose connector
Hey Ken, That may be true but your mind is a little faster than mine. Bill

In GEAR » Where can I get a platy hoser screw fitting/hose connector
August 06, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm