BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 191 - 200 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Tough call
As an owner of a Ready Mix, a Houdini and an Epic fabric Cloudveil Anarok, I can state that there are definite differences in the fabrics- but whether the relevant difference (that one/some are enc...

In GEAR » Encapsulated fibers = low maintenance UL functionality?
March 09, 1:22am

depends
For me it depends on where you are going, how long you will be there, and the time of year it is (this determines the likely precipitation and temperature). If, like me, you have regulated your...

In GEAR » Down vs. Synthetic Quilt/Bag
March 08, 1:28pm

thanks
Thank you Richard- I have been looking for the compartive clo/oz value of down and simply could not track it down. As and aside, I had no idea how badly Delta stacked up against Primaloft... or how...

In GEAR » Primaloft improves - press release
March 05, 9:16pm

layering
I think it is completely a function of how large you are and what you are layering. I am a very thin 150lbs at over 6 feet... I can layer anything up to my Das Parka before it gets too tight. If yo...

In GEAR » Layering w/ Marmot Hydrogen Reg
March 03, 2:41pm

Marmot
Though I can see the desire for a full length zipper on the Atom and Hydrogen, the warmer bags really don't benefit from it. I have a Helium, Hydrogen and Lithium and never need to vent the war...

In GEAR » Marmot Bag Updates - Good?
March 03, 12:10am

Booties/pad
I've had a similar experience with my wife- the only gear she wanted to be involved in for climbing/packing was her pack and shoes. She used to be miserable sleeping out until I got her a ve...

In GEAR » First trip with new wife- what sleep system? also gear list for 6 days in Glacier
February 26, 10:51am

Both fine
As was said, the shell fabric on the MH is different than the WM. It is stiffer, has a less silky feel, but is also very tough for its weight. I have used the Phantom jacket as a cool weather belay...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 vs. Western Mountaineering Summerlite
February 22, 9:30am

Great Info
Great questions and answers, this is exactly the information I was looking for as I have been debating the winter-worthiness of this shelter. One more quick question- any problems with the tieout...

In GEAR » LIghtweight shelters on Mt Rogers.
February 19, 9:31pm

Micropuff
Note that I have the older Micropuff with Polaguard Delta, but comparing that to the Choas showed the Patagonia to have more loft and to feel warmer. The Micropuff fit more like a belay jacket (...

In GEAR » Which is warmer?? Chaos or Micro Puff Hooded
February 08, 7:53pm

windshirts help protect the hardshell
Although I think the traditional recommendation to primarily use a windhsirt when not being rained on is due to the lack of real breathability of most rain shells, I also think you hit on a valid p...

In GEAR » Windshirt still needed with eVent jacket?
February 07, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.