Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 191 - 200 of 490 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Mavlin merino wool:unusable
Brett, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'm a huge fan of wool and if it could be had for less, I'm all for it. I wish it had worked out. Thanks for taking one for the team! What...

In Gear Deals » Smartwool L/S shirt for $39
February 01, 2:40pm

Re: Clothing Layers for 10 - 25 degrees
I'm still trying to dial in my winter layers so I'm happy you asked the question. I can't wait to see the responses. This past weekend (0- 22 °F) of walks and nordic skiing I was weari...

In Winter Hiking » Clothing Layers for 10 - 25 degrees
January 31, 10:09am

Re: Full Zip, No Hood Windshirt?
I own a Montbell U.L. Wind Jacket that I'm happy with. My size large weighs 3 oz (85 grams). My Patagonia Houdini is my go to windshirt because I like the additional wind protection of a hood.

In GEAR » Full Zip, No Hood Windshirt?
January 31, 8:40am

Re: PM guest users?
I received a PM from a guest user and sent a reply but I suspect that my reply may not have been received. I have sent and received PM's from members without issue. Does the feature work with g...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PM guest users?
January 30, 2:42pm

Re: WIND SHIRT HELP!!!
Randall, search the forums, you'll find a lot of info. The name "wind shirt" gives its purpose away. It's purpose is to stop convective heat loss ( the wind ) while leting water v...

In GEAR » WIND SHIRT HELP!!!
January 29, 6:14pm

Re: what's wrong with vargo titanium nail stake?
Totally agree with the previous posts. I always carry one to blaze the way for my lighter stakes when necessary. It is also the handle to my toothbrush. I hope Vargo doesn't stop making them.

In GEAR » what's wrong with vargo titanium nail stake?
January 29, 12:23pm

Re: Eric
"Was the beach you're speaking about near the boat harbor? If so, then it would be Haliewa State Park, if further East then it was Lani's (Lanakea beach) the one RIGHT on the roadside,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 26, 9:16am

Re: Re: esbit in checked bags?
Gene, your bring back a lot of great memories! I just wanted to second your recommendation of the Waimea Valley Audobon Center. You have to pay to get in but it's worth it. There are lots of pa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 26, 8:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Passports for travellers
Gene, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is a horrible thing to have to deal with. I've had to deal with death but not like that. I can understand that it would effect you. I wish yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 25, 7:32pm

Re: Hey, J R -- Just Cut Them All Up!
I may have misunderstood JR's position but I don't think he is against any and all documentation. I understood him to be against any document who's explicit purpose is to track ones mov...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 25, 6:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm