Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 191 - 200 of 285 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: My additional testing indicates that a silnylon loop is stronger than a grosgrain ribbon
Nice work. My brawny tarp has silnylon tie-outs like you described. One thought, did you melt the ends of the grosgrain ribbon before you tested it? From your first test it looks like it frayed off...

In Make Your Own Gear » Joann Fabrics Grosgrain Ribbon for tarp tie out loops
June 06, 3:32pm

Re: Declination change with time
Hi Kenneth, yeah, it's a Tom Harrison map of the Angeles and you can't easily see it but it does say 2007 mean declination. In point of fact, these compasses aren't better than a couple...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
June 05, 1:40am

Re: Re: adjustable vs fixed dec compasses
RIght, the baseplate can be set such that you are compensating for mag dec as in your picture. But this means that the baseplate is set to true north only. This is fine if all you want is to orient...

June 01, 4:51pm

both look ok
From the pix it looks like both are old style non-computer models which is what you want. The Singer looks like it has a presser foot pressure adjustment which can be useful in dealing with differe...

In Make Your Own Gear » sewing machine advice
June 01, 2:04pm

adjustable vs fixed dec compasses
These two compasses are doing the same thing, albeit in slightly different ways: The one on the left is a fixed dec, the one on the right an adjustable dec. The point is that you preset the ma...

June 01, 9:31am

Using GPS as a compass
This is way off topic now, but here's a dorky exercise: Using a GPS as a compass. If you want to get a good prelim bearing on a tower for a microwave path, you can't use a compass anywhere ...

May 31, 2:56pm

tape or paint marking
For my basher compass that i take on local hikes, i marked it already with the mag dec for my area:

May 27, 11:34am

Re: lightest reliable mirror sighting compasses?
I like this model: http://www.amazon.com/Brunton-Compact-Mirrored-Compass-Luminous/dp/B000093ILN It's also nice in that you can clip it onto your pack strap and it will hold it level.

May 26, 4:25pm

Re: Re: Suunto MC-2 Pro, Brunton 15TDCL, Silva Ranger CL
Military compasses tend to be in mils: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_mil It's convenient for gauging distances as one mil is one meter wide at one kilometer.

May 26, 3:50pm

Things are looking up, parts of Angeles NF open
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/news/2010/news-2010-05-25-station-fire-areas-open.shtml

In Fishing » Southern california fishing help
May 26, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.