Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 191 - 200 of 288 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Khufu eVent Shelter from Locus Gear, Japan
For Info: the Rab Summit Bivvy has as much headroom as my Hilly Unna - Rab measure to the top of the door, not the apex of the tent (so I read...I've not measured it). I can easily sit up in mine.

In GEAR » Khufu eVent Shelter from Locus Gear, Japan
January 06, 10:03am

iPhone in the UK
Perhaps look at the SIM only options available from Three (3), Vodafone, O2, Virgin, Orange in the UK. Check their websites. And sites such as this: http://www.simonlycontracts.co.uk/

In Pre-Trip Planning » iPhone in the UK
December 30, 10:31am

Not Traditional balaclava?
The Patagonia R1 balaclava will do everything you want - but is not 'traditional' - it is a very fine bit of kit though.

In GEAR » Traditional balaclava?
December 28, 2:38pm

2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
1. Five day's in Assynt http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10847 2. A week on Mallorca with friends http://www.scottishhills.com/html/module...

In GEAR » 2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
December 28, 1:14pm

GG Blaze AC vs ULA Catalyst vs Osprey Exos 58 - '35' litre pack
Michael Yes - it is just one main compartment - I use a Crux AK37 (OK so 2 litres extra ;-) That said I think Crux do 'big' litres. I've got an Ohm but the capacity is just to muc...

In GEAR » GG Blaze AC vs ULA Catalyst vs Osprey Exos 58
December 25, 11:21pm

Re: Condensation issue in Bivys with non breathable floors
Well it might; as ever it all depends upon the conditions you are using the bivvy under. The only bivvy I've never had condensation in is my Integral Designs All Event. I tend to use the mat...

In GEAR » Condensation issue in Bivys with non breathable floors
December 25, 7:43am

Catalyst
Response to the Qs I can address: Catalyst: 1) the volume of the main compartment is quite small....does this mean you find yourself needing to put heavier items outside? To me it's HUGE...

In GEAR » GG Blaze AC vs ULA Catalyst vs Osprey Exos 58
December 25, 2:52am

Re: Lightweight Mountaineering Pack
I didn't realise we all hopped from hut-to-hut carrying tiny sacks - that's where I went wrong back in the day :-) As above - Crux packs are light and tough - I have an RK30, AK37, and A...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight Mountaineering Pack
December 14, 9:57pm

Re: Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
I was concerned about this when I went to the Sierra's so took a free-stander - I like to camp high and not in trees....hence the 'bushes and shrub tie-off methods won't play. If you...

In GEAR » Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
December 13, 6:29am

Re: What is your winter weight?
About 7kgs - or 15lbs in 'old money' - that's for single overnight's in the UK. Add some more food weight for longer - not that I often do longer....the 14 hours of darkness are a l...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter weight?
December 13, 12:37am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am