BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 191 - 200 of 271 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Need help selecting outer wear for the JMT
I took an ID silnylon cape (never used), a Montane windshirt and a MB UL jacket; that was walking in July though - about 430g Later in the season (as you are) I would probably replace the cape w...

In GEAR » Need help selecting outer wear for the JMT
June 14, 11:46pm

Re: How to dry out wet socks in the backcountry?
You can also use the 'towel twist' method - if you don't mind a baselayer absorbing a bit of the damp. Wrap socks in a lengthwise baselayer, stand on one end and twist the top until ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to dry out wet socks in the backcountry?
June 11, 11:23am

Scarp in the Lakes
Hi Stephen AS you know I've used mine in the Lakes a lot - not a lot to say really, stick on some side guys. I don't use the x-over poles and its been fine in 40mph plus gusting wind. ...

In GEAR » Just got my Scarp
June 11, 12:41am

Anyone use waterproof socks?
I'd echo the mostly favourable comments on Rocky socks - its a great shame you can no longer get them in the UK. I've used Sealskinz on multi-day backpacks in Scotland. They are fine for...

In GEAR » Anyone use waterproof socks?
May 31, 12:04am

gear list
You could use Micropur tablets instead of Acquamira. I have a Caldera tri-ti which with a 600ml pot comes up at 110g - it can take a little squashing as the ti is resilient. I would dispense ...

In Gear Lists » Yes...Another JMT Gear List
May 30, 12:19am

Sunglasses
I did the JMT a couple of years ago and was very glad to have sunglasses - its very bright with the reflections from the rock; planning to do the SHR this summer - and I'll be taking Cat4 '...

In Gear Lists » Yes...Another JMT Gear List
May 29, 12:40am

Assynt - Northern Scotland backpack
Matthew Thanks - it is a great destination, about the most wilderness the UK can offer you. I am using a Ricoh GX200....when I work out how to use it properly !

In Post-Trip Reports » Assynt - Northern Scotland backpack
May 27, 4:11pm

Corn Chowder
I think I'll try and make some of this colonial gruel over the next couple of days ;-) Thanks for the recipe - a good basis.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Eating and altitude
May 24, 10:36am

WTB. National Geographic Topo California
Used or new - it is an item that for some reason won't get shipped to the UK (or costs $50 to ship). To run on Windows 7.

In Gear Swap » WTB. National Geographic Topo California
May 24, 12:52am

Eating and altitude
Thanks for the replies - it looks like carb powders may be the way to go. That and Corn Chowder - which I have never heard of...what is it? Randall - towards the end I was picking up...but just ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Eating and altitude
May 24, 12:13am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am