BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 191 - 200 of 257 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Above treeline; rough weather and UL USA designed shelters in the UK
Morning (well it is here) Some interesting answers - thanks all. I use a Scarp for most backpacking in the UK, a Hex (two-up) for the Alps and other European mountains, and have just invested...

In Philosophy & Technique » Above treeline; rough weather and UL USA designed shelters in the UK
May 13, 11:42pm

Above treeline; rough weather and UL USA designed shelters in the UK
Now we all (?) want light; but I want seriously robust and weather-worthy as well. In the UK - with a focus on Scotland and summit pitches - an UL shelter that can withstand all that UK conditio...

In Philosophy & Technique » Above treeline; rough weather and UL USA designed shelters in the UK
May 13, 3:13pm

Solomid
PM sent

In Gear Swap » MLD solomid and GG spinntwinn FS
February 20, 2:05am

Scotland.....and the GR54
Cheers - I've got a few muli-day backpacks planned for Scotland this Spring. The GR54 is great John; if you have any questions or want to borrow any guides or maps let me know.

In Post-Trip Reports » Scottish backpacking
January 18, 1:09am

border raids
Nice. I was in New Mexico for the first time over Xmas - some nice country that looks well-worth exploring; when one is taking a break from raiding the clans that is.. Some very interesting w...

January 16, 2:07pm

Scottish backpacking
Eugene - what kind words :-) Best be careful though...it is not my country, I am a sassenach and live 30 miles from the border.... ....does not stop me raiding though!

January 16, 1:31pm

Scottish backpacking
Evening (well it is for me) Some of you seem interested in trips in Scotland - who can blame you :-) So, for a great resource take a look at Scottish Hills.... A few of my trip reports ...

January 16, 12:38pm

European (mostly) backpacking
I backpack in the UK quite a lot (as I live here); mostly long weekends+ in the Lake District and Scotland. Also get to bits of Europe and the Alps quite a lot - 5 Alpine weeks last summer :-) D...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where do you backpack?
January 10, 12:18pm

alcohol
Well I like it from time-to-time... That aside - toxicity....I set my stove up well from my tent in the great outdoors (which seems to be pretty well-ventilated) to boil 400ml of water... ......

In GEAR » Which kind of alcohol leaves the leaves the lesast soot?
January 09, 2:30pm

Best 2010 gear
Western Mountaineering Ultralite and Lynx Crux AK30 Viewranger phone software Arcteryx MX Hoody Scarp 1

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
January 08, 1:45am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am