Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 191 - 200 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: Show me your PNW June-Sept gear list
What is special about a PNW list? Wetness and no drying sunshine. Synthetic insulation, fleece, rain gear, redundant fire starters. In many places you can carry less water as there is too much of t...

In Gear Lists » Show me your PNW June-Sept gear list
February 13, 1:52pm

Re: Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 24
You did it! Your children learned so much about the world and themselves. Priceless!

In Editor's Roundtable » Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 24
February 13, 12:50pm

Re: The weight you you hope for versus the weight you take
Self honesty, really. Toys and redundancy are spreadsheet killers. I've done many trunk of the car tweaks at the trailhead. Looking up the steep start of a trail and feeling the *reality* o...

In GEAR » But the way you you hope for versus the weight you take
February 13, 12:33pm

Re: Curious what you guys think of my on/off road bike
I like my hybridized mountain bike for a one bike does it all choice. I would be in the Surly camp starting over with a fistfull of cash.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » New on-road to off-road adventure bikes
February 13, 11:46am

Re: Firelighting Supplies
I'm a freak for fire supplies and this is too much for me. Matches, one lighter, fire steel and one type of tinder are plenty. I use a mini bic for daily stuff and keep the fire steel and...

In Gear Lists » Comfortable & Safe 3-Season UL Gear List
February 13, 11:31am

Re: Comfortable & Safe 3-Season UL Gear List
I didnt see any top insulation like a puffy or fleece.

In Gear Lists » Comfortable & Safe 3-Season UL Gear List
February 12, 11:07pm

Re: Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
The classic Ten Essentials don't have to weigh much. Insulation and rain gear are a must, but all the other safety/survival goodies don't come to a pound. Some gear choices depend on how to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
February 12, 10:08pm

Re: Inexpensive 200wt fleece 1/2 zip pullover?
It looks like Adidas has bern making a run at the hiking market. This one is Polartec 200 and $32 in gray, $27 in green: http://www.6pm.com/adidas-outdoor-hiking-reachout-pull-over-fleece-real-g...

In GEAR » Inexpensive 200wt fleece 1/2 zip pullover?
February 12, 9:45pm

SOLD: Golite 1/4 Zip LS Polyester Top with Thumb Holes, Men's Medium, Black
Sold to Reggie! I don't know the model name on this one. It is a Golite top and made in Fall 2012. It is a winter-weight smooth faced polyester long sleeve 1/4 zip top with thumb holes. Men'...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite 1/4 Zip LS Polyester Top with Thumb Holes, Men's Medium, Black
February 12, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Home Depot fingerless gloves
I got them out for a 30+ mile ride yesterday and they worked great. The rubber knuckle bumper actually added some wind protection right at the point it is needed most.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Home Depot fingerless gloves
February 12, 3:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.