BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 191 - 200 of 7173 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Disease of affluence
"I think this is what they call a "first world problem"..." Yup, we are blessed with abundance and pay the price of being "owned" by our possessions. The UL twist m...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 1:08pm

Re: Aurora Borealis
Nice work! The Northern Lights are fascinating, reminding us that we are on a ball of rock spinning in space. I've seen them maybe twice in Seattle over the years. We took a sub-Polar f...

In Photo Gallery » Aurora Borealis
March 05, 11:29am

Re: 150-250 Mile Trails in US?
Many say that the Washington section of the PCT is one of the most scenic and you can certainly make a 150-250 mile trip of that. You could hook up some closely related hikes like the Olympics ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 150-250 Mile Trails in US?
March 05, 11:23am

Re: "Can't stop changing gear?"
I've adopted a policy of one-in-one-out to help keep things in line. I think experience helps too. After a while you find out what works and all the buzz of the the newest whiz-bang gizmo h...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 11:17am

Re: cutters
You don't need to spend a lot of money and 3 ounces will get you a LOT of knife. They will all dismember an apple or a block of cheese, make a fuzz stick to get your fire started, or trim some ...

In GEAR » Knife features, uses
March 04, 10:44pm

Re: Re: meal ideas with a vegetarian in mind...
I like vegetarian served with fava beans and a nice Chianti :) I'm a real meat eater and I don't eat much meat while hiking. There are lots of dehydrated dinners without meat, and +1 on ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » meal ideas with a vegetarian in mind...
March 04, 10:14pm

Re: fleece
If you're on a budget, snag one of those $20 Land's End fleeces and then watch like a spider for a deal to fall into your web. Power Stretch is spendy stuff. The bargain is to find one ...

In GEAR » Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
March 04, 9:55pm

Re: Cabela's clones Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and SL3,
I count 13 stakes! Does it come with a CO2-power nail gun? :) That is my objection to these "free standing tents." By the time you're done pitching it, you have half a sundeck in nail...

In GEAR » Cabela's clones Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and SL3, adds vents
March 04, 12:17pm

SOLD: Three beanie salad: OR, Patagonia, Spyder
ALL SOLD, thanks! All in excellent condition and will fit my XL noggin. $8.50 each including US shipping and PayPal fees. SOLD: Outdoor Research Treeline Beanie, model 86440. Outer shell ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Three beanie salad: OR, Patagonia, Spyder
March 04, 12:07pm

SOLD: Wusthof 4.5" Camp Knife and Sheath 1.4oz
Sold to Richard and PM sent: a Wusthof model 4053 knife and my MYOG sheath weighing a total of 1.4oz. The knife was designed as a steak knife with a 4.5" stainless blade that is 0.054" th...

In Gear Swap » FS: Wusthof 4.5" Camp Knife and Sheath 1.4oz
March 04, 10:44am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.