BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 191 - 200 of 7166 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...717

Forum » Thread

Re: Cabela's clones Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and SL3,
I count 13 stakes! Does it come with a CO2-power nail gun? :) That is my objection to these "free standing tents." By the time you're done pitching it, you have half a sundeck in nail...

In GEAR » Cabela's clones Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and SL3, adds vents
March 04, 12:17pm

SOLD: Three beanie salad: OR, Patagonia, Spyder
ALL SOLD, thanks! All in excellent condition and will fit my XL noggin. $8.50 each including US shipping and PayPal fees. SOLD: Outdoor Research Treeline Beanie, model 86440. Outer shell ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Three beanie salad: OR, Patagonia, Spyder
March 04, 12:07pm

SOLD: Wusthof 4.5" Camp Knife and Sheath 1.4oz
Sold to Richard and PM sent: a Wusthof model 4053 knife and my MYOG sheath weighing a total of 1.4oz. The knife was designed as a steak knife with a 4.5" stainless blade that is 0.054" th...

In Gear Swap » FS: Wusthof 4.5" Camp Knife and Sheath 1.4oz
March 04, 10:44am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: LL Bean Rain Jacket, Men's Large and Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater Men's L/XL
March 03, 9:33pm

Re: golf club poles
This thread got me searching the golf club bins at Goodwill and I cam up with a likely candidate. I cut the head off with a Dremel tool and found that you can use a propane torch to heat up the clu...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6.6 ounce, $1.075 trekking pole
March 03, 6:05pm

Re: Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater Men's L/XL
Kenneth, the jacket is yours, but you need to contact me as your PM's aren't set up yet. Use dwambaugh at yahoo com

In Gear Swap » FS: LL Bean Rain Jacket, Men's Large and Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater Men's L/XL
March 03, 5:01pm

Re: Huskies
Huskies that have been trained to pull are a whole other order of dog. You teach them to go and that's what they do, and well. Sounds to me like you need one more dog and some off-road roller s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacks and Dogs
March 03, 3:33pm

Re: ebooks n' podcasts
I like the first aid book idea. I have several free ebooks versions of John Muir and Thoreau's books loaded on my phone. Podcasts are great too. Unlike my radio, they end and don't wake me ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Kinde: not just for light reading! What do you load onto your eReader before a trip?
March 03, 3:20pm

Re: I would just use a separate webbing belt
Nothing like a good belt around lunch time :) I use some stout line with a loop in one end to lark's head onto the dog's collar and a small carabiner to hook it onto my belt. Or I ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacks and Dogs
March 03, 1:44pm

SOLD: Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater
For sale: a couple jackets to pass on. Withdrawn: LL Bean rain jacket, ============================================== SOLD: Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater,

March 03, 1:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.