Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 191 - 200 of 7832 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...784

Forum » Thread

Re: UL rain jacket with pockets?
Marmot Mica? Wear a poncho and have access to all your other pockets?

In GEAR » UL rain jacket with pockets?
January 18, 3:39pm

Re: Re: SMD Gatewood Cape Questions
"I love side-entry shelters (easier entry and easier on my knees)" And you can fold the doors back for ventilation, the view, cooking etc. I forgot to mention the volume of hand-dandy ...

In GEAR » SMD Gatewood Cape Questions
January 18, 3:31pm

Re: Interest register in new outdoor product
Clever! My first impression is that I can buy a very decent folding bike in that price range and get far more range and speed for the price. For $1000, it should dispense Ben and Jerry'...

In Gear Deals » Interest register in new outdoor product
January 18, 3:23pm

SOLD: GSI French Coffee Presses PRICE DROP
Now $22.50 (was $25) for the pair including US shipping and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » FS: GSI French Coffee Presses
January 18, 3:08pm

Re: SMD Gatewood Cape Questions
I like a bivy to add bug protection and I think it makes for a more versatile purchase than the inner nest. It can be lighter and easier to deploy and used for cowboy camping in better weather, as ...

In GEAR » SMD Gatewood Cape Questions
January 18, 1:35pm

Re: Windshield compass recommendations?
Most are weak, being surrounded by all that steel. Airquipt is a big brand. Careful calibration is the key. Be prepared to spend some time driving around in circles in a big parking lot. Get a ...

In GEAR » Windshield compass recommendations?
January 18, 1:00pm

Re: "preppers"
"and lots of 30-something yuppies don't keep any food in the house at all..." Thats why I have two dogs: eat the little one first and keep the big one for protection :)

In GEAR » ACCIDENTALLY PREPPED FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
January 16, 10:14am

Re: WTB: Camping Percolator or French Press
See http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?bo=watch&forum_thread_id=98926 for two presses.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Camping Percolator or French Press
January 16, 12:51am

Re: ACCIDENTALLY PREPPED FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
I did mention post-Katrina that any good thru-hiker could walk out of the disaster zone after the weather calmed down. Getting across the bridges and the suburban cops would have been the challenge...

In GEAR » ACCIDENTALLY PREPPED FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
January 15, 11:13pm

Re: Eye of the beholder.
"Is someone organizing a stove beauty contest? Maybe Hikin Jim could tell us how to run one..." You mean like put a wick in my nose and smile real purdy? Any issues with campfires...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW GGG is a GO!
January 15, 10:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.