BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 191 - 200 of 7393 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: super compact bag car camping list, TSA approved
18x14x8=2000 cubic inches or 32 liters. What's the challenge? You don't need a pack, so just find a cheap duffel bag or suitcase that fits the dimensions. Do check with the airline to see i...

In Gear Lists » super compact bag car camping list, TSA approved
May 10, 12:01pm

Re: Jennifer's clue # 1,2,3 story
Great story Jennifer, and a perfect reminder as to why we get so persnickety with our gear lists. On the flip side, I see a lot of day hikers in cotton sweats and flip flops without a shred of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the opposite of ultralight
May 10, 11:32am

Re: CCF pad
Temperature is the limiting factor for me. If I can get the rocks and sticks out of way, something like a RidgeRest or Z-Rest will work for most 3-season stuff. By all means, thicker is better but ...

In GEAR » CCF pad
May 10, 11:17am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Cheap and light rain gear, men's XL and large
May 09, 9:38pm

Re: Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
Sketchers and some others (IIRC) got slammed for the rocker bottom gimmick shoes they foisted on the public. There have been more actions taken against the diet supplement outifts and the testo...

In GEAR » Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
May 09, 1:33pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: ExOfficio Buzz Off Cape Sun Hat, S/M Khaki
May 08, 10:51am

SOLD: REI Power Stretch LS 1/2 Zip Pullover Men's Large, Trim Fit PRICE DROP
SOLD: Lowered price to $28.50 including US shipping and PayPal fees. MSRP on this top was a cool $79!

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Power Stretch LS 1/2 Zip Pullover Men's Large, Trim Fit
May 08, 7:47am

Re: Answers to questions about the special deal
I stand corrected and apologize for my glass-is-half-empty approach. Indeed, thanks for sharing! BTW, I get Gossamer Gear's weekly mailings and really enjoy the links to blogs and other web ...

In Gear Deals » Special Deal not to be missed . . .
May 07, 1:27pm

Re: Adventure Medical Kits SOL Escape Bivvy
Great info, Richard, and thank you. Now, how are we going to use this thing? My first inclination would be to use if for day hiking emergency backup, but it isn't waterproof enough for m...

In GEAR » The SOL Escape Bivvy
May 07, 10:19am

Re: Best sun shirt
Sun Precautions/Solumbra makes some good products and aimed at folk who need maximum protection. They are expensive and not really UL. Ex Officio and most of the major outdoor clothing manufact...

In GEAR » Best sun shirt
May 07, 9:31am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.