Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 191 - 200 of 7869 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...787

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: PNW GGG now full!
"I'll try to get some information on local day hikes ... " http://www.wta.org is a great resource! The Mount Rose Trail (http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/mount-rose) is very c...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW GGG is a GO!
February 02, 5:09pm

Re: speaking of esbit
IMHO, the optimal distance depends on the whole system-- pot, fuel tablet platform/holder and the windscreen design and airflow. Of course the wind will effect it all too. For a starting point,...

In GEAR » Alcohol Solo Cook Set (Best and Lightest)
February 02, 1:46pm

Re: What's in YOUR first aid kit?
I use an AMK 0.3 kit as a starter and add meds, ointments, etc as needed. I replaced the compresses with larger ones after using the small ones on a head wound and found them useless for anything b...

In GEAR » What's in YOUR first aid kit?
February 02, 1:24pm

Re: Re: Borrowing poncho/rain cape features from cycling rain gear
Looks like you nailed it, Lance! Back length is a must. The cape design does kill the shelter features, but would still work for sitting out a shower with legs back dry under. The Gatewood fills...

In GEAR » Borrowing poncho/rain cape features from cycling rain gear
January 31, 5:04pm

Re: Looking for Poly Travel Pants - in Navy Blue
Polyester is a tough one in hiking lines. Lots of nylon. Columbia makes these in "everblue" http://www.backcountry.com/columbia-royce-peak-pant-mens Never tried these, but they loo...

In GEAR » Looking for Poly Travel Pants - in Navy Blue
January 31, 4:59pm

Borrowing poncho/rain cape features from cycling rain gear
I got a look at a J&G cycling rain cape the other day and it had some features that would be interesting to add to a classic backpacking poncho design. I'll show one photo and you can fi...

In GEAR » Borrowing poncho/rain cape features from cycling rain gear
January 31, 2:47pm

Re: Dude we're going on a hike someday list
Toby is easy to get along with and makes a great watchdog around camp--- an old family tradition with him :) He never talks politics, isn't at all picky about food and doesn't drink my whis...

In Philosophy & Technique » "Dude we're going on a hike someday list."
January 31, 10:49am

Re: 3-season synthetic jacket recommendations
The jackets with 60 gram fill aren't worth the weight IMHO. All you get are two not very breathable windshirts with a wisp of insulation between. A fleece and windshirt are as effective. If it ...

In GEAR » 3-season synthetic jacket recommendations
January 31, 10:28am

Re: GoTenna - Free Texting without cell service
Interesting. Not a bad idea, but my first impression is that FRS/GMRS walkie talkies would be as useful and simple. You can use those to communicate with others outside your group too, which is han...

In Gear Deals » GoTenna - Free Texting without cell service
January 30, 12:26pm

SOLD: Outdoor Research Hydroseal Dry Sack #5 , black, 37 liter, 6.4oz
Sold to Dave: a new Outdoor Research Hydroseal Dry Sack #5. 6.4oz, 37 liter volume, measures 27" long x 17" across the top when flat and about 18"x12" as shown with the top roll...

In Gear Swap » FS: Outdoor Research Hydroseal Dry Sack #5 , black, 37 liter, 6.4oz
January 30, 12:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.