BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 191 - 200 of 570 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...57

Forum » Thread

"Ultralight Group Cooking"
OK so i though last weeks' articles were a bit below the bar...Maybe we are at a Luau and this is a limbo line and the bar is suppose to be getting lower. I don't mean to insult the author ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Group Cooking
September 03, 8:50pm

Acclimatization
The key is to plan extra time to acclimatize. If for example you can spend two extra nights and one extra day before " starting" you will stand a much better chance of avoidig problems. P...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ropers Sierra High Route
August 18, 7:48am

Clothes
Leave the windshirt. Come prepared for swim holes A 40 F bag or quilt will be more than adequate. You will be lucky if it drops below 50 IMO.

In Pre-Trip Planning » First season Michigander going to Shenandoah...Preperation
August 16, 1:28pm

Correction on frozen water
My friend just read the trip report and wrote to report he had many ice crystals in his water bottle and his drinking tube was frozen. I slept with my water bottle as a pillow so probably prevented...

In Post-Trip Reports » Stupid Light in the Cathedral Range?
August 15, 11:01pm

Stupid Light in the Cathedral Range?
Last weekend a surprise trip to San Jose presented itself and I found myself with the opportunity of spending an unplanned weekend in the Sierras in advance of a longer two week trip planned for th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Stupid Light in the Cathedral Range?
August 15, 8:50pm

Sold
Sold

In Gear Swap » MLD bivy
August 15, 5:06pm

FS:MLD bivy
Superlight bivy. Size Reg. momentum top, sil bottom. Always used on top of tyvex sheet and foam pad. Excellent condition. $90 includes shipping. Used for less than a dozen nights total. SOLD for as...

In Gear Swap » MLD bivy
August 15, 1:32pm

Down collar
Normal in older versions of this bag. I've had two. Both like this, both cold. Newer models have full collars. Rating was 20 for mine, not 10.

In GEAR » Question re recently purchased used WM Versalite
August 13, 3:42pm

Sharing gear
I don't go out with folks I'm not willing to share the following with: Stove, pot, any other cooking gear, some meals Shelter Cat trowel, Beacon if required, sometimes bear speay if w...

In GEAR » Sharing space?
August 04, 4:54pm

FS: Brand new BPL Coccoon Vest
Size Med Blue Cocoon vest. Never used. 80$+ shipping non smoking,pet free household, stored in a dry closet.

In Gear Swap » FS: Brand new BPL Coccoon Vest, Patagonia Houdini
August 03, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.