BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 191 - 200 of 399 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...40

Forum » Thread

grommets
Mike, I just used what I had on hand - grommets. Just folded over each corner onto itself and added a grommet - a little shock cord and I was done in 5 minutes. Tape would be just as easy. I'...

In Make Your Own Gear » easiest way to add loops to Tyvek groundcloth?
September 28, 5:17am

hmm
blowgun - that would work. poo trowel - I'm not that good of an aim. how about a scare crow skeleton, a bi-pod for my rifle, a straw for a trash can party. Keep em comming Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Old tent parts
September 27, 3:29pm

the perfect pack
Does not exist. This is why I made my own. It is not pretty. My sewing skills are minimal, but I got just what I needed and after one season of hard, off trail use - it has performed perfectly and ...

In GEAR » Looking for a bushwhacking day/overnight pack
September 27, 11:17am

Old tent parts
Alright, I know I'm an old cheap hillbilly, but I just cut up some old car camping tents that I have had lying around for years. I am going to use the bathtub floors for bivies, and the zippers...

In Make Your Own Gear » Old tent parts
September 27, 6:53am

check this out
Check out Jim colten's article: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog-laminating-silicone-impregnated-fabrics.html At the very end he shows a picture of addition...

In Make Your Own Gear » TT Contrail Modifications for Strong Wind
September 27, 6:46am

nice
Chris, Nice, clean, tough pack. +1 on the R&D comment. You guys are years ahead of the pack designers in the retail world. Great for stealth fishing. Just need to invent some sort of "s...

In Make Your Own Gear » DX 40 Pack
September 27, 5:34am

easy solution
Since so many have extra energy, I would suggest that it be used in a "constructive" way. I blame this site and all of it's members for giving me too much to think about. I now have t...

In Chaff » Seriously?
September 25, 7:09am

thenks for the links
wow, thanks guys. there is some serious cuben there. That is exactly what I remembered. I'm going to put that idea to good use. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » blow-up tent poles
September 24, 5:12pm

Thanks
Awesome. Thanks. I search for Bill's creation Dave

September 23, 4:17pm

blow-up tent poles
Wasn't there a tent a while back that had blow-up sections instead of tent poles. I would like to know what they used to accomplish this. I would like to make a blow-up section on a bivy to kee...

September 23, 3:44pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am