BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 191 - 200 of 749 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...75

Forum » Thread

Very Very Post-trip report: old photos of Yosemite Sierra Club outings 1914-1915
We recently received a link on a Sierra Club leaders' forum to this website: http://jim.4lipmans.com/RLL/index.html It contains photos of 1914 and 1915 Sierra Club outings to Yosemite. L...

In Post-Trip Reports » Very Very Post-trip report: old photos of Yosemite Sierra Club outings 1914-1915
August 28, 8:14pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Alcohol for a Lightweight
+1 on the Everclear - can be added to Crystal light and water for the lightest possible weight, also to many other things as suggested above.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calling Backpackin' Bartenders: Need Alcohol for a Lightweight
August 28, 9:12am

Re: Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
Agreed that some will stay in their tents and not attempt to chase bears away. But some bears are not easily chased away, and persist in their business of trying to get the food despite yelling, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 28, 9:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault.
:0) not to worry...

In Chaff » Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault.
August 27, 7:52pm

Re: mosquito situation
Did a week long trip around Bishop between 10-12,000 feet ending just over a week ago and saw very few mosquitoes, 1st time ever we slept with the tent unzipped every night. You should be fine wit...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise
August 27, 8:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault.
"I should not extend my frustration to you. I am sorry." No need to apologize. I can see how having to endure your co-worker could set off some knee-jerk responses to anything that se...

August 26, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault.
"A good example of a post that can lead to better understanding one another and see what goals we all might have in common." Hmm, other than acknowledging that there are stupid people ...

August 26, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault.
Or as someone sent me the other day: "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so...

August 26, 6:03pm

Re: Warding off black bears, what has worked for you
Total thread hijack: John, were you hiking out of Pine Creek a little over a week ago? You look familiar...

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 26, 12:05pm

Re: mouse protection
Regarding "it made me wonder if it would be wise to put food in something a little more resistant": On a recent Sierra trip, we had our food in 2 canisters and an Ursack. The first ni...

In Gear Lists » Favorite gear from recent Pt. Reyes hike.
August 23, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm