BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 191 - 200 of 581 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

Quinoa--fine by me!
Lay it on me, Bob! I don't mind quinoa, and I add some quinoa cereal to my oatmeal recipe for an added protein boost. Always happy to have a new recipe, too!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Why do I gain weight after a hike?
July 24, 8:28pm

Sun Sleeves
I wear a short sleeve bicycling jersey (has a front zipper for ventilation, and a short collar for sun protection). I add bicycling sun sleeves for sun protection, and have sprayed everything with...

In GEAR » Wearing a windshirt as a single layer in hot weather?
July 23, 7:43pm

arc blast user
I have an arc Blast, and so far I love it. Let me preface that statement though by saying I've had it on *1* trip so far. I ordered it before Joe came home and made the new changes, so mine i...

In GEAR » Any women using the ZPacks Arc Blast?
July 22, 3:46pm

maltodextrin--really?
When I look up maltodextrin, it's described as a thickening food additive that is flavorless, and has basically zero calories, vitamins, or other nutrients. It's used to bulk up food and i...

July 21, 12:33pm

Examples of high carbohydrate meal plan for fat loss?
Malto, could you give some examples of what you would eat on a typical hike day? I'm having some trouble visualizing what sorts of snacks would be 1) easy to carry 2) low in fat, high in carbs...

July 20, 10:08pm

fingerbrush, yep, it sucks
I'm a veterinarian, and I thought, cool, I'll just bring one home from the office. It was really uncomfortably stiff, and difficult to reach in the back. Now I don't even recommend th...

In GEAR » finger toothbrush
July 13, 4:55pm

Monatauk Gnat
This tiny cannister stove has no piezo. How do you light that sucker? Would that be considered a bad idea, since you have to have an open flame to light it? What's the lightest cannister...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 11, 7:47pm

good feedback
Good to hear from several actual users--particularly the AT experience, that's what I call a real-world test! In comparing the Solo-Plus and the Twin, the minimal weight difference of an oun...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 10, 6:42am

handsfree made at home
Or, has anyone come up with a handsfree method that they like that steadies the GoLite umbrella?

In GEAR » Umbrellas
July 09, 5:43pm

zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
I have searched for zpacks hexamid twin tents, and mostly come up with items on Gear Swap. I have 2 specific questions about either the Hexamid Twin, or the Solo Plus. 1) How easy is entry/exit...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 05, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am