BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 191 - 200 of 570 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...57

Forum » Thread

numb toes may be muscular
My boyfriend had exactly this thing happen to him--his doctor said "oh, its just the nerve dying" and the podiatrist said he had metatarsitis, and wanted to put an orthotic in his shoe. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Developing foot problems - take care with your footwear
June 26, 12:56pm

How about with boots?
Perfect timing, as I'm feeling the need for light gaiters to keep trail debris out of my boots. Some of the gaiters, like the Dirty Girl gaiters, claim to be designed to only work with shoes, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
June 26, 12:03pm

mirror vs whistle
Terrain might have something to do with the choice. In woods-covered terrain a mirror isn't going to accomplish much, but the whistle will alert ground based SAR. In open country, a mirror mi...

In GEAR » Missing "essential" items: backup light, whistle, and fire starter
June 24, 7:18am

1.9 L Evernew, Sidewinder cone w/o stakes, and unmodified Starlyte stove
Dan very kindly sent me a freebie unmodified stove (had a little dent which did not affect the performance) to play with. I'm happy to report that with my larger pot the *un*modified Starlyte ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Starlyte stove
June 22, 2:41pm

Twin Peaks rocks!
Mark, had any cherry pie lately ? =p

In GEAR » Sharp Thing Nirvana?
June 19, 8:14pm

electric collars
Electric shock training collars are only as good as the critter with the button in its hand. Your timing has to be consistent and immediate. Most people have NO business employing such training c...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 19, 7:42pm

Height from burner
The Evernew 1.9 L pot in the Caldera Cone w/o stakes ends up about 2.5 inches from the ground. Subtracting the 1 inch height of the stove, that puts the pot 1.5 inches from the stove. What does...

June 16, 7:50am

Pot size
I'm using the Evernew 1.9 L pot--bigger than what you're packing, Jennifer. I'm curious to see what the unmodified burner will do--Thanks, Dan!

June 16, 7:42am

Fast is relative
I've been very happy with the alcohol stoves--I'm not looking to be the fastest diner in the campground. However, there was a noticeable difference between the two stoves. I'm just wo...

June 15, 6:41pm

Caldera Cone + Starlyte + 1.9 Evernew pot
I like the Sidewinder Ti-Tri cone for fitting in the pot, but hate the tent stakes--the pot rarely sits properly on them, I get worried it's going to slip and tip. I was excited to try the Sta...

June 15, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am