BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 191 - 200 of 530 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...53

Forum » Thread

yoga mat?
This sounds really, really wimpy, but I hike mostly in national parks, with established campsites that are pounded to dust. I don't particularly enjoy rolling around in the dirt. So, does any...

In Philosophy & Technique » Yoga poses for on the trail
April 24, 9:03am

transition lenses
Love the Transition lenses. I wear glasses all the time, never contacts, but the Transition lenses I never have to carry sunglasses. One caveat: I've never hiked in them above 8,000 ft, so I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Contact lenses: a friendly warning (that has nothing to do with hygiene).
April 22, 5:28pm

Check with Francis Tapon
Go to www.FrancisTapon.com, and see if he's got an e-mail you can write him. He's written a book called The Hidden Europe about his travels in Eastern Europe, including Romanian. He likely...

In GEAR » Gear question about Romania
April 22, 4:20pm

Don't ignore your calves
The muscles of the calves send tendons down into your feet. Problems in the calf muscles can be a cause of foot pain. See a really good massage therapist with a background in sports rehab. My bo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Metatarsal Pads and other Foot Woes
April 18, 6:04pm

dyeing pack
What did you use to dye it? Nylon needs a dye intended for protein fibers. Something intended to dye wool would work best. RIT dye has two different kinds of dye, one for wool and one for cotton...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyeing Pack Question
April 07, 12:37pm

Jacking up stove or dropping pot down?
Isn't the Starlyte stove the one mentioned in another thread as a stove one can use with the Sidewinder to eliminate the tent stakes? I would dearly love to have the pot sit down inside the co...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Under Glass
March 31, 5:11pm

Article comparing cost and volume
Probably people get tired of Andrew Skurka getting quoted, but he did have a very good blog post on this very topic: http://andrewskurka.com/2012/bear-canister-shopping-guide/

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 28, 6:30pm

WTB: Large Neoair
I'd like to buy a used large Neoair from someone, either the original rectangular version or the newer mummy style. PM me if you want to clean one out of your gear closet. Thanks! Edit: ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Large Neoair
March 28, 12:38pm

Can you shorten a Neoair?
I currently sleep on a 1st generation Neoair medium--rectangular, 20 inches wide, 66 inches. Now that I've shifted to a quilt, my arms are no longer contained as they would be within a bag, an...

In GEAR » Can you shorten a Neoair?
March 24, 8:37pm

winter pack
Check out Section Hiker. His March 14 2013 post had his winter backpacking gear list for the White Mountains, where he's been peak bagging. He lists something called a Cold Cold World Chaos B...

In GEAR » Winter Pack recommendations
March 22, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am