BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 191 - 200 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Wow.
I am just blown away by the craftsmanship of both of your packs. They are impeccable!

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack #2
January 13, 11:54am

How to backwash a filter/purifier
I have a First Need XL purifier and have gotten a ton of use out of it. But it's pumping rate has declined. I know eventually I'll have to buy a replacement filter cartridge. Until then...

In GEAR » How to backwash a filter/purifier
January 10, 3:21am

Conditioning
I'm closer to Roger's side of the spectrum on this. One to two liters for a day is fine, if you've conditioned your body for this. I worked as a guide on Mt. Shasta for the two prior...

In GEAR » thermos v jetboil for ski touring
January 08, 12:59pm

Andes - close to home
Hi Richard - thanks for the note. Glad you enjoyed our report. Yes, we read your trip report of the Alpamayo Circuit. It looked fantastic as well. Thanks for posting that! There is so much to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Valley Hopping in the Cordillera Huayhuash
December 17, 3:30pm

Maps for Huayhuash
Scott - Thanks for the kind words. The map selection was pretty limited in Peru. We were based in Huaraz, which is the closest city the Huayhuash. There are many trekking stores and guide agencies...

December 17, 12:13am

Andes vs Himalayas
Hey Dan - we have not trekked in the Himalayas yet, so we cannot make a comparison. However, I'd be interested to hear about your stories and see your photos. Do you have a travel blog? (edit -...

December 15, 7:34am

Thanks!
Thank you everybody for the kind words and compliments! We have a climbing friend who lives in Huaraz, Peru. He told us the the Huayhuash Loop is supposed to be one of the Top 10 treks in the w...

December 15, 2:25am

Thanks
Interesting reads. I particularly appreciated the "News" and "Testimonials" sections of the Gossamer Gear site.

In GEAR » UL time travel-- visit really old golite.com and gvpgear.com
December 09, 8:28am

Cost of Spot2
I wanted to see if there were any discounts on SPOT2 and found it for $104.96 on Amazon with free shipping. That's a pretty good deal. Still, it doesn't help the $100/year contract.

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT2 Personal Locator Review and Extensive Field Test
December 02, 9:17am

Mammut Extreme Arctic Mitten
Mammut makes a mitten similar to the OR Altai: Mammut Extreme Arctic Mitten It weights 290 grams and has 600fp down. They could use higher quality down and lighter fabrics, of course, but they a...

In GEAR » down mittens
November 28, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.